• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics no longer display after last generate/publish cycle.

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 11  Webhelp output

The help system was working fine except for some 'missing' images. I solved the issue and then generated /published again. When I view help system from the link in our UI, the TOC, Index, Glossary and Search areas are displayed. I can view Glossary and Index entries. But when I try to open a topic from the TOC all I 'see' is the main page from our UI.

Any help is appreciated.

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try the same thing from with the index.htm page (i.e. outside of the app)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More confusing—I opened the following files which are in my desktop folder where the project resides:

All three open and function as they should but they represent an older version of the project. I would have thought the file date would have been yesterday’s when I last generated/published??? Is that a clue?

Off topic but related to project: when I was researching the image issues yesterday, I learned that I should only use gif and jpg images files for WebHelp. I looked in the images folder and there are a mixture of png, jpg and gif. Should I remove all the png files? Often there is a copy of the file with a gif or jpg extension. In general what is ‘best practice’ for inserting images. I know a lot of the images came in with Word files that were source docs. Would have been better to add the required images to the Images folder within RoboHelp and then added the image from that folder to the topic?

Thanks, Mary

Mary Coffee,

Lead Technical Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I was to fast in my search. I found another set of files that represent the current project and function properly. But as you can see are not in the same location:

Another clue??

Thanks, Mary

Mary Coffee

Lead Technical Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but we can't see.

I'm guessing you replied using email and you attached one or more images. Those get stripped out by the forum software. You must visit the thread using the web interface and use the Camera icon to upload any images.

Camera.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry—do I need to attach rather embed??

Mary Coffee

Lead Technical Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. If you have an image you need someone to see, you must open your web browser and visit the Adobe forums via the browser. And when you are replying, you use the camera icon as shown earlier.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying

RH issue.jpg

These are files that reside in the project folder. The lower 3 show the 'correct' publish path. The top 3 represent the latest generate/publish cycle. Why would the paths not match? I have not changed anything on the publish dialog since I initially set it up.

Thanks, Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Generating and publishing are two different actions – the generate function is going to go into the project’s \!SSL!\WebHelp\ folder – the publish part could be picking those files up and sending them anywhere. They aren’t usually the same path. BTW – your folder names & paths are really long – usually you want to keep those as short as possible to avoid issues – like c:\projects\project_name\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp