Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

naive question

Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thanks in advance for any assistance.

I would like to email a WebHelp project -- a very small one, only three topics -- to a colleague who also has Robo-Help (separate installation, not the same server). I don't want him to view it as a Robo-Help project even though he has the software; I want him to open it in a browser, ready to go. How do I accomplish this? Do I send all the files in the project, have him upload them and then open the default topic?
Do I send all the files, including whdata, whxdata, etc subfolders and send those? Does he need the !SkinSubFolder! too? Everything?

Thanks very much.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong with the question except the title. Helps if they are titles that others will search for.

You have two main options. One is generate a CHM instead so that he can see the content but of course that will not have the skin. So if that is important, then zip up everything that is in the webhelp folder under !SSL! assuming you generated to the default location. You need to send all that is in that folder and its sub folders, assuming you want the webhelp to work. :-)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or even better. Post it to a web server and just give them a hidden URL that opens the project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I *can* post all these files to a web server. How do I give them a hidden URL to open the project? (This opens it in a browser, correct? - not in Robo-Help?)

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The URL needs to be that of the start page. All Rick meant by hidden, I think, is that it is one you and your colleague know but it is not published anywhere.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another approach is to zip up the output Webhelp folder, send it email, and have your colleague extract all files into a new folder on his/her hard drive.

Yes, include all the furniture -- whdata, whgdata, skin, etc.-- in the output directory.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that what I suggested in my first reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, you did, Peter, but I noticed tunlaw asked:

Do I send all the files, including whdata, whxdata, etc subfolders and send those? Does he need the !SkinSubFolder! too? Everything?

You did say everything, but I wanted to emphasize what "everything" means.

And I probably didn't read your response carefully enough. Reinforcement never hurts. (smile)

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp