Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE does not refresh RoboHelp 10 WebHelp

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I work with RoboHelp 10. I generate and upload the webhelp, and I want to check it on Internet Explorer9. However, many times IE9 shows the old version of the webhelp, that was uploaded earlier. Even after deleting cache and history and restarting my computer, it won't show the new version.

Any idea why IE does not refresh to the new version? Doesn't it detect the changes to the files?

Thank you,

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use another browser, do the changes show up?

Are you using some kind of caching server? Perhaps the server is giving you the cache files instead of the correct files. After you clear the cache in IE, it will redownload the files.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

thank you for the answer.

I forgot to include the info that the new version appears correctly in other browsers.

I'm not sure about caching servers, however, when we manually delete the cache files (for example through Total Commander), IE downloads the new version correctly. The problem is that I cannot tell my customers to manually delete the cache every time they want to open the Webhelp.

Do you have any idea what might be wrong and how to fix it?

Thank you very much,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So the problem seems to be that IE incorrectly serves the cache instead of the correct version.

I see two ways of going forward, depending on your situation:

1. If you are hosting the help on a web server, you can send cache control headers to limit the time browsers cache. Just don't disable cache entirely since that will result in lots of extra traffic. For more information, see: https://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/#CACHE-CONTROL
  2. If you are delivering the help to all customers, you can add cache headers to your output files. With a simple find and replace you can change the output to include the meta tag: http://www.i18nguy.com/markup/metatags.html

There are probably other solutions as well, but this immediately came to mind. If I think of anything else, I'll post it here as well.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp