Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY ?

MAC Yosemite PS CC=brush LAG??!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few users have said that turning off FileVault solved the lag issues.

So far we have not seen any lag issues in our testing, but there could also be additional OS bugs that are machine/configuration specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my mac pro as well and got lag, filevault is off.

I had some lag before even on maverics but not so much as now. Currently I have so much lag I can't work...

My machine:

6-core, 3,5GHz

32GB RAM

2x D500

512GB SSD

I thought this machine will be good enough for painting with photoshop, but boy I was wrong... This is slowly getting my nerves up and I'm really pissed now, because all I hear from companies that are involved into all this always says: it's not our fault, write there and there and hope and pray for some magic wand solution.

This photoshop bug is probably very old, I wrote about it before, I even bought new computer with hopes to normally work on it, but nothing really changed. With every update we get it's worse and worse until now when became useless.

I don't even know why brush tools are not GPU accelerated in photoshop (and majority of other stuff as well, not only some photograph filters!). Is it so hard to rewrite code to run with openCL or it just isn't profitable enough for Adobe to do it? Or you have some quarrel with Apple and you don't want to work with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, some users are reporting that things are much better when using a mouse instead of a trackpad or tablet on MacOS 10.10.

Please do make sure you let Apple know about these problems introduced in MacOS 10.10, so they can get the information they need to fix the problems introduced in MacOS 10.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with CS 6 both w/Yosemite as well as ever since Mavericks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's a couple of things to try

install the plugin on this page Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

downgrade your Wacom driver to

DRIVER 6.38-2

Legacy Drivers | Wacom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!.jpg

Seems to be working fine, too, with latest Wacom driver & Yosemite!

Years of frustration! All gone (I think!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 28, 2014 Dec 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustration alleviation was short-lived. Just got a new iMac loaded 2/32G ram, 4GH processor, speedy video, etc, inc. 1T SSd... problem came back; just turned off rulers, and VOILA!

I think Adobe ought to be ashamed of themselves regarding their ineptness at resolving this long-standing issue.

One solution might be for users to try out OnOne Software's Perfect Photo Suite 9 in demo mode. Seems to be an excellent alternative to Photoshop IF photo's are your main area of interest. Has most of PS's capabilities and a much more intuitive interface as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The combination of the White Window plugin and updated drivers worked for me resolving pen lag for both my tablet and trackpad in OS X 10.10.5.  Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is still there in CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the exact same problem. Upgraded to Yosemite two days ago and have been experiencing lag when drawing in PS CC ever since. I have a brand new Mac Mini and work on a Cintiq 24HD. Tried installing the older wacom driver but no luck. Filevault is off. Changed the drawing mode to basic but that doesn't help either. I'm a storyboard artist and these are my most important tools, am not able to work at all right now. Don't know what to do, praying somebody will come thru with an update soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh:

Try installing the plugin that M Shaw suggested earlier... worked great for me (different Wacom drivers had no effect on my PS CS6 app, but the plugin did the trick.

Per M Shaw:   install the plugin on this page Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Peter, I just installed the plugin but unfortunately that doesn't seem to change anything.

Any other advice will be very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,  SAME problem here.....installed yosemite and first of all, the hand tool is a little lag....I mean, no soft panning....but I can live somehow with that..... the really messy problem is that, when I use any tool or perform any action, (zoom, rotate,  whatever), sometimes photoshop catch it instantaneously, and some other times it has a little BUT ANNOYING lag just at the moment you use it... being the most frustrating situation with the brush....sometimes I make a stroke and is ok and when I make the next stroke, photoshop draw the line like, half a second later...which is FRUSTRATING AS HELL (sorry I have spent all evening trying to solve the issue so I am frustrated), but the most weird thing is that sometimes JUST sometimes when I open photoshop...suddenly the problem disappears and everything is soft and perfect (even the hand/ panning tool)....but after working for some hours the problem randomly appears again....I thought it was the driver ....but no i think is not.... I tried downloading the old one and stuff but I think is a problem of photoshop and yosemite .....because I just reinstalled photoshop cc2014....and voila the problem disappeared again.....but I am 100% sure that, randomly, in the next days it will appear again.... so my provisional solution for now is just reinstalling the software.....and pray ...I guess.

I read that the adobe guys say that  "yosemite and adobe cc stuff are compatible and no problems" well I think that, for them, the fact that the software  just run on yosemite is reason enough to say is "ok" but those little "details" and little "lags" make the whole experience of working just....PAIN.....

my machine is a 15 inch retina with 16 gb of ram so WHY THIS IS THIS HAPPENING!!!!!!

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plugin's partially resolved my problem (same as yours); however, it remains FAR LESS THAN OPTIMAL. Adobe, just like our government, has remained strangely silent on this issue which means that they just don't have a clue.

Very disappointing... when they ever get around to resolution, I'm sure it will be Apple's fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still working with Apple to solve all the issues introduced in MacOS 10.10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem existed way before Yosemite yet Adobe was silent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we've been solving every problem we know about.

Did you install the WhiteWindowWorkaround plugin to work around the known MacOS issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I already installed that plug in but  that solved only one part of the problem, the brush lag is still there... the strange thing is that, sometimes I open photoshop and randomly  is smooth and superb 0 problems even the hand/ panning tool is smooth and delicious ... and other times (the majority of them) I open photoshop and the problem is back...laggy hand tool and worst of all the brush lag is back. It happens when you make strokes...and is also random...for example when you make the first stroke is ok no lag,  then the second and ok...but suddenly the third or sometimes the second stoke there is the delay....and from then the lag appears randomly every 2 o 3 strokes after......that make the experience of quick sketching and illustrating very very frustrating...and last suggestion..I think that photoshop is amazing has a lot of cool tools 3d stuff and whatever...but if you can make the experience smooth with  no lag I think is the plus of the software....for example....the hand tool hasbeen laggy for a long time...ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop itself is not laggy -- most users are not experiencing such problems, and can paint all day without lag.

What we have found is that some people have third party plugins, other applications, or driver software that causes lag problems.

Or, with a new OS release, the OS itself causes some issues (which we released the plugin to work around).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2014 Nov 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dumped the prefs per online instructions; installed the plug-in, updated my Wacom plugin, all with some positive results. The real game-changer for me was reconnecting the Wacom usb cable directly to Mac port, rather than through a hub. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Mydumb, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved my issue today!

I have now smooth work under Yosemite full updated to last updates and photoshop CC 2014.2 (latest).

Done several things:

First update wacom drivers (this will fix wobbly lines). Make sure version is 6.3.9w5, make sure 5 is at the end. I had previously 6.3.9w3 and I had some issues with lines.

After that reset photoshop preferences. I don/t know what was wrong, but something was. Here is the guide:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2012/07/photoshop-basic-troubleshooting-steps-to-fix-most-issues.h...

I quit photoshop, moved preference file to trash or desktop and run photoshop again. Set things back and voila, no more brush lag. Well almost, but it is much much better and now even textured brushes don't lag as much as before.

There is still a little lag (hardly seen) but you probably won't find any computer on planet that would work without that lag. You really have to pay attention to see the lag.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same brush lag problem when I updated from OS X 10.7 to OS X 10.10. Didn't have a new enough copy of CS to try the White Window Workaround plugin, but resetting preferences as MatejP84 suggested solved the problem for me!

Thanks!!

I'm running Photoshop CS5.1 on a late 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, with 8 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue w/problem; found that quitting app & restarting seems to

work for me (Wacom, PS CS6, Mac Yosemite 10.10.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the WhiteWindowWorkaround plugin worked for me! I'm using CS6 and Yosemite. 

Thanks - my tablet is brand new and I was starting to despair I wouldn't be able to use it.

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines