• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 6 crashes during generating files - Faulting module msvcr80.dll

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2007 Jul 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We purchased and installed RH6 last week and it has been working fine until I tried to generate the file. When generating; it works up to when it gets to the updating process then it errors out 3/4 of the way through updating the files. I get an error that says "RoboHelp HTML Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

For more information about this error: AppName: robohtml.exe AppVer:6.0.99.0 ModName: msvcr80.dll ModVer: 8.0.50727.163 Offset:0000892c

We've been trying to resolve the issue this morning with no luck. Right now we are at a loss as to what is the next step to try. Help@!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mgriebel. Does this error occur on just one project or all projects? Have you tried generating one of RH's sample projects? If it happens on all projects it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling with full administrator rights on your PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is occuring on one project. It works on the samples projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known problem. See Snippets on my site. I'll guarantee the somewhere in your project you have merged cells in the end column of a table AND this crash occurs when you use a build expression. To test it is the same problem, generate your output without using a build expression.

In the Snippet, there is a link to some files that you need to replace.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you. I'm up and running again.

I installed these and unselected the build expressions when generating:
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb401652
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb401651
http://www.adobe.com/go/kb402006

And I'm working again.!

Thanks alot.
Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2007 Aug 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem using RoboHelp HTML, only when I enable Glossary on JavaHelp. When the glossary option is turned off the project builds with no problems. I attempted to build a sample project and RoboHelp for Word does not respect my JavaHelp 2.0 install on the workstation I was sitting at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

You don' t indicate whether you have tried replacing the files.

What do you mean by RH for Word does not respect your JavaHelp install?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a sample project that uses RH for word, added a JavaHelp layout and tried to generate using full-text search option and I got a pop-up saying that RoboHelp could not locate a JavaHelp install on that machine. I tried several times to point it at c:\jh2.0 and it kept saying not found. I have not tried deleting the .glo file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a topic on my site that explains what needs to be done to get RH HTML to work with a Java installation. I don't know if the requirements are the same for RH for Word but it may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed the glossary file, restarted RoboHelp and when I try to generate my JavaHelp layout I still get the rather non-descript RoboHelp has encountered a problem and must close. I'll go review your site again, but my task lead is more than annoyed with me that I can't get this done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

third time is a charm. I finally got RoboHelp to build my javaHelp layout with a blank glossary. my only question now is how do I get that monster back into the project with the least amount of effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. After sucessfully building with a blank glossary, I added 5 glossary terms back into the project and attempted to produce my JavaHelp layout and I'm back at "RoboHelp has encountered a problem and must close". What do I do from here? I'm thinking I'm going to build a custom glossary and have our ant script build JavaHelp and use RoboHelp as a fancy HTML editor/viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I can help you on this one.

I just created a glossary in a RH HTML project and generated a javahelp output. Shows the glossary but also shows the term in a topic with the definition already expanded.

I tried from RH for Word and kept getting main class warnings and not being able to open the output. Not getting the crashing you report though.

I think you are going t need input from a developer. Getting a javahelp output is not straightforward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just successfully managed to get three of our JavaHelp files converted to CHM because of the number of problems we - the technical authors - and our users had with using them. The problems were numerous and some had no logical rhyme or reason to them. The key to a "fairly" stable use of JavaHelp was ensuring that the installion of the JavaHelp files was key. This is covered on Peter's website. The key to this problem maybe the fact you are using RH for Word? Just a hunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the problem. Well it may be a combination of problems. I develop help on a Windows workstation, which I have a UNIX directory mapped through SAMBA that is controlled by CVS. The fix for me was clearing out the glossary directory in the generated directory. When RoboHelp HTML is in the process of clearing out the output directory, this is an area that is left untouched. This is where the fix was for me. Don't know if any of the other Windows/SAMBA shared UNIX directories had anything to do with it, but I've had success since. The next test will be updating my glossary. It will be interesting to see what happens when new terms are added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the solution. May help someone down the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2007 Sep 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Peter - still looking for answers to my v6 blues and came across this thread again. I remember trying this stuff way back when in the beginning, but had forgotten to do it again - so will give it a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp