Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start a Captivate SWF on a specified Slide

Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i want start a captivate swf at an specified slide. For example:
I have a SWF-file called content.swf. Now i want to start the content.swf using a menu created with the MenuBuilder (or any other flash or html menu). No problem.
But I want start the content .swf at slide 12. Is it possible to call the content.swf with a specified slide, so that the swf start's at this slide??

greetings from the Luenburg Heath
Joerg
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joerg and welcome to our community

Unfortunately Captivate doesn't offer a means of doing this. But if you have Flash and know how to use it, I suppose you might build something in Flash that could do it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2007 Sep 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm new, but this worked for me: Try the Insert>Animation menu choice -- you can start another .SWF file, on a slide in a Captivate project -- including an SWF created by a different Captivate project. Is this what you want to do? It appears that the "player" frame in the flash-within-a-flash doesn't work, and you probably don't want it anyway, so when you generate the content flash, you'll have to generate it without those controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2007 Sep 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
... unless you meant: start at slide 12 of the Content.swf (that may be what you intend to do). If so, my previous answer is off-the-mark. But another thought: you could make a copy of the Content project, and in the copy, delete slides 1 - 11 and then generate the from-slide-12 version. Not ideal, but this strategy may give you the results you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources