• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-ordering See Also lists - Robohelp 9

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the life of me, this seems like something that should be done easily. My see-also lists are not listed in the order I dropped the topics in, but rather alphabetically. Is there any way to display the see also in the order I place them?  I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. Let me explain what I do just in case you aren't sure what i'm asking.

1. I create a see also.

2. I drag and drop several topics into the see also.

3. They get ordered alphabetically, not in the order I dropped them in.

4. ? How can I make these display in the order I dropped them in ?

Thank you so much for all your help if you have a solution, I really appreciate it. This seems like something that should be really easy to do but i'm unable to figure this out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t use them, so I can’t offer any advice on that part, but I would make sure that you’re fully patched up before playing around with any controls for this. It may just be busted in your version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

These are a bit of a different beast with RoboHelp. They are somewhat "dynamically" created, so there isn't anywhere you can really specify their order as you can with the Related Topics control.

But that doesn't mean you can't configure an order you want. As long as you are willing to live with numbers in front of each topic.

Basically, you edit the topic properties and change the Topic Title to prefix the order with the number you want. So, for example, Motorbikes would become 1. Motorbikes. Trucks might become 2. Trucks and so on.

Unless Willam, Peter or John come in and cite a clever workaround I'm unaware of, I believe that's about the best you can do with the See Also. At least at editing time. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves and tinker, there is likely a way to do it in the output files. But then you would have to remember to do it each time you generated.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp