• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall CF11 on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to uninstall CF11 on my mac but the uninstaller doesn't work.

I ran the uninstall.app under /Application/Coldfusion11/uninstall, it tries to open but closes immediately. So I opened up terminal and ran:

sudo /Applications/ColdFusion11/uninstall/uninstall.app/Contents/MacOS/uninstall

This is the output:

unzip:  cannot find or open /Applications/ColdFusion11/jre, /Applications/ColdFusion11/jre.zip or /Applications/ColdFusion11/jre.ZIP.

chmod: /tmp/IA1454124394/jre/bin/: No such file or directory

chmod: /tmp/IA1454124394/jre/lib/: No such file or directory

sh: /tmp/IA1454124394/jre/bin/java: No such file or directory

it tries to unzip but the first one is a folder and the other 2 are non existent files.

I know I can just drag the Coldfusion11 folder to trash but it gives me an uneasy feeling that this is not the only files/folders it added.

I want to manually uninstall it but I don't know what other files it added/modified in my apache settings. mod_jk.conf and the entry of this file in httpd.conf comes to mind but what else?

Josh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to reinstall CF 11 and am having the same exact problem described above. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of the un-installer issue(Bug # 3836606: Unable to uninstall ColdFusion 11 on Mac 10.10) and are working on a fix for the same

To uninstall manually, you can also make sure to do the following workarounds in addition to the connector cleanup(As you mentioned):

1. Uninstall cf-init-run.sh(./cf-init-run.sh -uninstall) which will remove the coldfusion entries from /Library/StartUpItems

2. Stop the coldfusion process if it is running.

Thanks,

Priyatharsini

Adobe ColdFsuion Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you just say how to manually uninstall? The original question wasn't specific on what he knew needed to be done and you just said what to do in addition to it. What are the rest of us supposed to do? It seems inexcusable that an error this blatant could have gone out in a release and no instructions given to at least work around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlton,

Uninstallation of ColdFusion 11 does not work on Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). This is being tracked with InstallAnywhere.

As a workaround, please do the following :

If JAVA_HOME is not set:

1. Navigate to  /Application/ColdFusion11

2. Zip the jre file using the following command "zip -r jre.zip jre"

If Java Home is set:

1.Repeat above 2 steps 

2.sudo cp jre.zip {Location_of_JAVA_HOME}

Alternatively, you can set your Java home to /Application/ColdFusion11/jre/Contents/Home/jre and  zip the jre in /Application/ColdFusion11

Thanks,

Priyatharsini.

Adobe ColdFusion Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this is very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation