• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 8.1)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am having a problem with Flash in IE 11 / Win 8.1.  I understand it is embedded.  But I keep getting the window at the bottom of the screen saying this webpage wants to run the following add-on 'Adobe Flash Player' from 'Microsoft Windows Third Party Application Component....'   I click allow and the message keeps coming back.   On top of this, Flash will not work.

I have a feeling there is something corrupted.  I have tried to download an update (kb3004150) and it says I already have this on my system.  I also have tried to install it manually using the install_flash_player_ax.exe file, but to no avail.

What do I need to do to fix this and why aren't there other options on Adobe's site?

Thank you!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly means "will not work"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adjusting the ActiveX Filtering settings should help you resolve those "Do you want to allow Flash Player" prompts:

Use ActiveX filtering - Windows Help

Internet Explorer 11 introduces a number of changes both to how the browser identifies itself to remote web servers, and to how it processes JavaScript intended to target behaviors specific to Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, this means that content on some sites will be broken until the content provider changes their site to conform to the new development approach required by modern versions of IE.

You can try to work around these issues by using Compatibility View:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-11

If that is too inconvenient, using Google Chrome may be a preferable alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines