• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browse sequences not changing in merged HTML

Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2007 Aug 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a project with several sub projects controlled from a master. (Robohelp 5.0.2).

The master project is basically just an index page to open the sub projects. (It has a very limited browse sequence in it to start the combined browse sequences).

If I jump to a sub project from the master project index in the compiled file, I still see the master project browser sequence. I don't see the browse sequence from the sub project until I click into the TOC for that sub project. The sub project browse sequence then works fine.

Is there a way of switching to the changed browse sequence as soon as I click on a link in the master project and move to a different part of the help file, rather than having to then click on the appropriate part of the sub project TOC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have displayed a topic, its browse sequence should be available. It shouldn't matter how you accessed it.

The browse sequences do not merge. Each project has its own sequence(s).

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

The problem is that the browse sequence is not displaying when the topic first opens.

If the index in my master project has a link to topic XYZ in sub-project 2, then that link takes me to the topic OK.

However, the browse sequence does not change automatically to the one associated with topic XYZ - I have to click on topic XYZ in the TOC to open it.

Within the sub-project, the broswe sequences change automatically as I move from one book in the TOC to another via the 'internal' links, but not when I first come into the sub-project via a link from the master project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm sure this works OK for me but I can't check until I return to base. Send me an offline email to remind me please.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp