• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player won't install for adminstrator, but will for child accounts

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Family Safety on our computer.  We have accounts for our child, self (as administrator), and guests.  Flash player shows as installed and works on the child and guest accounts.  But, it does not appear as installed on my administrator account.  We use McAfee for protection, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.  I have tried installing and uninstalling several times. I have tried installing using internet explorer and firefox.  We have windows 7.  I don't know what to do.  It used to be installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also add that this is a PC.  Flash player is definitely installed on this computer.  The test on the child and guest account both show the version is 15.0.0223. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a clean install and checked the Flash Player Help page.  It is still showing "not installed" for the administrator and yet "installed" with the animated tree for the other accounts.  I am stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this: How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?  It didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this answer: flashplayer not working on but I haven't tried it because the standard user for family safety accounts are working well.  The problem is with the administrator account.  Also, this question was posted in 2013, so maybe it is unwise to follow the advice given here.  Frustrated and giving up at the moment.  I would love to talk to an actual human.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Flash Player plugin enabled on all accounts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Administrator account: there is no flash player listed in the Manage Add-ons list.  Adobe Shockwave Flash Object is enabled.  When I choose to look at all add ons, ActiveX shows up and is also enabled.

Standard Account: there is no flash player listed in the manage add-ons list.  Adobe shockwave flash object and activeX are both enabled.

I looked in the "all add ons list" for both accounts, and there is not flash player plug in.  But flash player works in the standard account.  Am I missing a plugin?

Just to try it I enabled a google toolbar.  Flash player still doesn't work.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shockwave Flash Object = Flash Player.

Is ActiveX Filtering enabled, by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines