• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud not showing apps.

Participant ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I singed up to Creative Cloud and downloaded Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5; they both installed correctly and work great.

When I bring up the Creative Cloud desktop app under 'Home' it states that I downloaded Lightroom 5, only that!

Under 'Apps' it doesn't show either Lightroom 5 of Photoshop CC but further down the page it gives me the option to install them both.

Why is Creative Cloud not showing Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Hi Richard4911,

There could be possibility that you might have installed CC app's in some other language other that selected in CC desktop. Please refer the kb: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.html and check the install language selected in CC desktop.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard4911,

There could be possibility that you might have installed CC app's in some other language other that selected in CC desktop. Please refer the kb: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.html and check the install language selected in CC desktop.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard4911,

I have checked in the record that yo have purchased an English-only subscription option, make sure that the default language setting in the Creative Cloud Desktop Application is English (International).

Do one of the following:

• Mac OS:  Go to Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud > Adobe Creative Cloud.
      • Windows:  From the Start menu, click Search, and type Adobe Creative Cloud.

• Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner and select Preferences.

• Click the Apps tab.

• Select English (International) from the App Language menu.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know in case still facing the issue.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sumit,

It was originally set to English (American) and seeing as I'm not American I changed it to International English.

But this was the case prior to changing the version of English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2013 Nov 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still awaiting an answer as to why Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5 are still not showing up in the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same type of problem. Initially both apps showed in the apps tab but over four months I've had to reinstall Lightroom twice and Photoshop once. Adobe don't really offer any support, just this forum where you can compare complaints with other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud cache might be FUBARed. Try step 2 on this document: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Sumit,

For me the 'Apps' tab does not show at all in the CC app. pls help.

rgds,

karthik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here. Language doesn't solve it.

Photoshop won't launch as per this thread:

Configuration Error 11 in Photoshop

Adobe Photoshop can't be opened after updating Mac OS

Have tried to uninstall it so that I can reinstall a clean version of Photoshop, but of course Photoshop (and all my installed apps except Acrobat) aren't showing as installed in the Creative Cloud app.

Have followed instructions here:

Apps panel doesn't show installed Adobe Creative Cloud apps

No dice.

And of course the manual alias gives me the following error: The alias “Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CC 2017” can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found.

Can't Uninstall Adobe CC 2013-Uninstall Alias missing

So stuck in a feedback loop of "Please reinstall Photoshop" "Photoshop isn't installed" no way to uninstall the app in order to reinstall it. COME ON ADOBE!!!

Any solutions out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my solution if you're looking for a deep dive:

Configuration Error 11 in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after following a lot of different threads, it turns out that changing the language worked for me. Even though I had installed everything in International English (or so I thought), I changed my language (via preferences) to English (North America) and it now lists all my apps as up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip - worked for me too! And I've definitely installed everything in international english, but changing to American english does the trick.

A few days ago there was an update for the CC desktop app and since that it listed not one single app as installed.

The ridiculous thing is: First I searched for a solution which led me to this page Apps panel doesn't show installed Creative Cloud apps from Adobe. I've tried that solution 3 times to no avail, even tried renaming or deleting the "OPM.db" for every single user account.

Then I contacted Adobe-support and the only solution I got offered was to uninstall and then reinstall ALL (!!) CC-Apps. No problem, not so time-comsuming at all... Especially when you are already upset about the huge amount of errors and application-hangs and the associated waste of time!

So Adobe did NOT tell me this great tip, which reverts everything to normal with a single click but rather advised me to do a full reinstall of everything, wasting hours of time...

Like Brian Brigg said: There's no Adobe-support, just other users who can help. And many applications - especially AE - are buggier than ever!

A frustrated Adobe-user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, although being in Australia I swear I had installed using international English. Swapping it to US now all the apps show up as installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Exact same thing here, never used North America English and yet this solved the problem. Messy Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell whether or not you've found a solution for your problem. I just signed up and downloaded the desktop app for Mac yesterday, and when I go to preferences I see that the language pre-selected is English America and i'm in Australia... problem being... it's all grey and can't change it to English Internatinoal. I also cannot sign out and sign back in to try that option. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, Adobe, this is 101 stuff to get right.

Worst case, you can have CC check the application directory (and registry, on Windows) for installed files. Surely you use some kind of identifier to verify the version within the installed application? Why not have this part of CC installed app check?

Some people change the language and still it doesn't fix the issue.

Seriously, this kind of issue was easily solved way, way back in the day and I am surprised it still lingers after a people post about it in your own forums. Why the disconnect?

Now, I recently purchased the Lightroom + Photoshop combo when Lightroom was version 5.4. Lightroom was updated to 5.5 and when I opened CC today it showed Photoshop as requiring an Update, and Lightroom as being available to Install.

I had purchased the Australian priced package and at that time had changed my Language setting to English (International). The applications had installed into the Adobe directory in Program Files. No worries there. However, I did re-select the Adobe directory but the problem remained.

So, I clicked on the Install button next to Lightroom and it was installed as version 5.6.

CC now shows both apps as Installed. Perhaps the issue isn't that CC didn't detect the installed Lightroom 5.4, but that CC had a usability disconnect and didn't show Lightroom as requiring a Reinstall instead than as requiring an Update. Is this what could be going on, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem as everyone here.  One time when I closed Lightroom I was prompted to go to the adobe website about a software update.  It said to click on the "install" button next to Lightroom to receive the update.  It did not say click on the "update" button.  I think adobe has some updates considered an reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem as everyone here.  One time when I closed Lightroom I was prompted to go to the adobe website about a software update.  It said to click on the "install" button next to Lightroom to receive the update.  It did not say click on the "update" button.  I think adobe has some updates considered an reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same thing

Its the same story every few years. I buy stuff, they take it from my account multiple times. I log in, and the system still claims i ought to purchase, while i can see the payment passed many times!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

over two years later and the same issue is still happening to me, I have multiple Adobe apps installed but Photoshop wasn't showing up in the cc app. After doing the language switch CC still stated that apps where installed and up to date on my pc but no apps showed that they were installed. After reinstalling Photoshop all of my apps came back. This is all kinds of kooky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off a chat with Adobe, Lightroom CC requires a 64 bit OS. It does not support 32 bit. Hence the reason Lightroom 5 shows up.

System requirements for Photoshop Lightroom for Mac and Windows OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. 'Apps' doesn't show up in my CC app. I read that changing language works but even that option is not showing in the preferences screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sme here adobe and I have the licensed English installation and software... 😕 I want to try Experience Design and all i have back is frustration, please check what the adobe care guys said... "that's really odd" and yes, i have reinstalled it several times in english and nothing changes https://twitter.com/mysickness/status/709771729141374976

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2021 and running into this problem I am taken to this forum when I realize people have been complaining about it since 2014!!???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines