• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline on front end JSON API

Guide ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe please give a timeline to when JSON API support and other general features will be available on the frontend? While I can workaround it all with a 3rd party server I would love to do this without the need.

Are we talking months? Years? what is the timeline here? What is the hold up?

TOPICS
3rd party integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC Has not given any indication. You can turn on any site to use the new rendering engine and BC.Next at any time already.

BC have to sort and organise the migration of sites and test and check any bugs or potential variations between the different versions of BC. (Which they are finding and were helping them identify)

As soon as they are done they can migrate over. They are also finishing the API, Liquid and people who are actually testing and helping provide feedback are helping them fix things up and get them right.

Once they are happy, then they will trigger it. They want this all to go well and be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really want an answer from Adobe as your guess is as good as mine

I don't want to know "when they are happy" I want to know a timeline, is "happy time" 6 months? 12 months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not say my guess is as good as yours. I am under Adobe NDA for one, and I just come back from Romania at the BC offices all last week.

Out in the open, you wont get a timeline yet, simple as that - When its ready. IF things go well sooner then later, yep they have time frames, but one aim timeframe has already come and gone. They posted those on these very forums Some of those they met.

And when they know, they let us know with a blog post / forum post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for Adobe answer, if Adobe don't reply there is no answer, therefore no timeframe, stop with the Liquid stuff for now, sure it's cool but it only helps solve a few issues and there are much bigger problems that are not limited to if then else statements and templates.

Allow developers to use the API clientside as your first priority!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liquid is not the thing stopping this. It is The rendering engine of which they are dif testing to ensure everything will go smooth when they migrate sites. This is top priority and API work is continuing (WELL!) and so is liquid. They not just doing liquid.

It may not be for you but Liquid is one of the bigger feature waits for the majority partners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not saying liquid isn't helpful for people that want to output data to templates *easier* but other than that it's pretty (no pun intended) useless for anything that doesn't encompass outputting data from the CRM / other data stores on the screen with if-then-else statements.

It's 2014, every man and his dog has a REST / Open Auth API... If inferer competitors can do it BC should hire more people to handle it and get it done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. You wont get an exact date at the end of the day, not till they know when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want an exact date, I want a month or quarter or half year or year or decade estimate.... ballpark please... when does Adobe think it will be ready?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st quarter of next year - For that, like I said - they already announced this aim. I thought you wanted more exact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So within 4 months, ok I can live with that, I assume they are on target?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so, Like I said - I for one have found a few things but I have ran those through with the guys as they come and they are fixing them up.

Pretty is working with them testing on the new rendering engine for a number of sites and BC is comparing the differences and fixing things up as they see them.

People do not realise it, but right now, the things BC are doing with all this, the API's etc... ITS A LOT!

And you may not appreciate things like module_data, liquid etc, but its game changing for the platform and will on board a lot of new developers and digital agencies with some marketing and some core work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should be giving other people the inside track, I for one would like an invite to give my 2 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not there to just give my two cents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this looking for 2015? dates please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy New Year TheBCMan....

You keep trying, but you should know the BC team by now, they wont ever give us solid dates and even then you can not rely on them

Next release was before xmas, 5th, possible 8th, maybe next week now

You cant rely on this are, It will come IF it comes when it comes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam, Happy new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to go over with the team JSON stuff properly more anyway, because I think it needs to be a bit different and defiantly more to be viable.

I think one of the next big thing is the oAuth stuff so you can properly use the V3 API's etc, thats quite important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Invite for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines