• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android 5.0 and AIR progress?

Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as we know Android 5.0 broke all Adobe AIR built apps. I saw my sales drop 25% across the entire catalog the week 5.0 was released and getting a few emails a day about this issue. Any info on the progress or solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

There's this blog post:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2014/11/adobe-air-and-android-5-0.html

Short version is: Google will do a fix in the OS, in the meantime you can make apps with a 2048-RSA certificate, and those will work ok. The article has  link to a patched ADT.jar file that defaults to 2048 instead of 1024. If you're using Flash Pro you can already select 2048 when making a certificate.

One thing I haven't tested yet, but will soon, is whether you can update an existing app that used 1

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's this blog post:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2014/11/adobe-air-and-android-5-0.html

Short version is: Google will do a fix in the OS, in the meantime you can make apps with a 2048-RSA certificate, and those will work ok. The article has  link to a patched ADT.jar file that defaults to 2048 instead of 1024. If you're using Flash Pro you can already select 2048 when making a certificate.

One thing I haven't tested yet, but will soon, is whether you can update an existing app that used 1024-RSA to one that uses 2048-RSA. Normally Google reject updates that don't use the same certificate as the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin. Please do let us know if its possible to update an existing app with a 2048 certificate and if that does fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end I reused the old certificates. Will ask a friend to try the app under Android 5. I used the most recent AIR 16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, all four apps that I just updated, which are still using 1024 bit certificates, all install and run ok on my friend's Android 5 device. His own colleague's app, made with AIR 15 build 359, fails to install. I used AIR 16 build 222.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this only for new apps or new installs?  I thought a main issue is if the app existed prior to the OTA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the case of my friend's colleague's (who is another friend incidentally) case, it's a link to an APK that fails to install, which may be a different test to mine, where the installs are fresh installs from Google Play. There is a chance that my apps will also get uninstalled on the next OTA update, but that's ok, so long as the user can reinstall them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the issue was that if the OTA uninstalled it, you couldn't reinstall it.  This is such a frustrating issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friend has done the OTA install, and could still install my apps from Google Play, but cannot install an AIR 15 app. Hopefully AIR 16 has improved the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems counter to what the other thread is saying but I will try AIR 16 app on my N7 and see if it works or not.  Cheers

Re: Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop In-App-Billing v3 Test Purchasing not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fear is that the new ADT (or selecting 2048-RSA in Flash Pro), isn't going to work for existing apps. Google insist that you use the same certificate that you used the first time. Hopefully an Android 5 update will just solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some new info, selecting 2048 in Flash Pro still makes a 1024 certificate. Maybe it needs this patched ADT: Shared Files - Acrobat.com , but I don't know if that is a particular version of AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We tried creating a new certificate using Flash Pro by selecting the 2048-RSA. After successfully creating it, we opened it and key size is 2048. Could you please tell us the procedure/tool you used to create your certificate and then how did you verify that it is 1024?

Thanks,

Adobe Air Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I selected AIR for Android 16 build 222, went into settings, distribution, and made a certificate. I entered "test" in all fields, and selected 2048-RSA. In Terminal I ran this check:

ColinHoatesAir3:~ colin$ openssl pkcs12 -in /Users/colin/test.p12  -info -noout

Enter Import Password:

MAC Iteration 1024

MAC verified OK

PKCS7 Data

Shrouded Keybag: pbeWithSHA1And3-KeyTripleDES-CBC, Iteration 1024

PKCS7 Encrypted data: pbeWithSHA1And40BitRC2-CBC, Iteration 1024

Certificate bag

That suggests that it's 1024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines