• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript to make the browser full-screen after launching a Presenter presentation

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2007 Sep 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say gang...

Is there any Javascript I can put in the index.htm file that Presenter generates that'll do the equivalent of hitting the F11 button to make the browser window full-screen? Or get rid of all the toolbars and address bars and junk?

I know it can be done, because other sites do it.

Thanks, guys!

Cheers!

Gregory
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2007 Sep 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gregory,

In the home.html file:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" " http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Load Preso</title>

<script type="text/javascript">

var screenWidth;
var screenHeight;

screenHeight = top.screen.availHeight;
screenWidth = top.screen.availWidth;

</script>
</head>
<body>

<input id="openPreso_btn"
value="Load Presentation"
type="button"
onclick="window.open('index.htm','fs','fullscreen=1, width=' + screenWidth + ', height=' + screenHeight + '');" />
</body>
</html>

Specifically the on click line:

onclick="window.open('index.htm','fs','fullscreen=1, width=' + screenWidth + ', height=' + screenHeight + '');" />

by telling it to go full scree in will remove the browser chrome.

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2007 Sep 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Presenter compile your presentation to the hard drive, you can modify the index.htm it provides, and everything works just fine as long as you launch it locally. However, if you're distributing your presentation via the Breeze server, keep in mind it *doesn't* use the local index.htm you modified and uploaded - it makes its own. I've run into this myself when using the older "fscommand" trick to communicate between Flash and the presentation's wrapper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2007 Sep 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That's okay. We're not even using Breeze/Connect at work at all (even though I think we should). We're using our own internal web server for distribution, so the world is my banana--so to speak. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources