• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player installed - but not working

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7, 64 bit, with Internet Explorer 11.  On the day before Thanksgiving everything was working fine.  I received a greeting on 11/27 and was unable to open it - I was told I needed to install Adobe Flash Player - assumed it was an update - but since that time I've been unable to open any of the puzzles on Shockwave, or cards from greeting card providers - probably some other things, but I haven't found out about them yet.  Every time I try to open any of these programs, I get a message that I need to install the flash player.  My control panel shows that I have Adobe Flash Player 15 Active X, 6 MB, version 15.0.0.239 installed and the add-on manager under tools says it's enabled - but it escapes me what it's enabled to do other than drive me batty and waste all my time.  I've rebooted the computer, closed all IE windows, numerous times after uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it - all a waste of time.  Is there any advice out there?  Linda Kochefko, El Dorado, KS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have ActiveX Filtering enabled?  Disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is Active X Filtering something that should show up under Tools, Manage Add-Ons? If so, I think I had it earlier this week, but it's gone now. In my efforts to eliminate the Flash Player so I could reinstall a working copy, I may have uninstalled too much. It's not listed under Programs or under Tools at this time.

Linda Kochefko

lindasue39@att.net

Joy is prayer- Joy is strength - Joy is love -

Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.

Mother Teresa 1910-1997

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have something called "Shockwave Active X Control" listed under Manage Ad-Ons, which is enabled. Could that be related to my problem?

Linda Kochefko

lindasue39@att.net

Joy is prayer- Joy is strength - Joy is love -

Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.

Mother Teresa 1910-1997

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nov 30 at 7:21 AM: is Active X Filtering something that should show up under Tools, Manage Add-Ons?  If so, I think I had it earlier this week, but its gone now.  In my efforts to eliminate the Flash Player so I could reinstall a working copy, I may have uninstalled too much.  It's not listed under Programs or under Tools at this time.

Nov 30 at 9:59 AM: I have something called "Shockwave Active X Control" listed under Manage Ad-Ons, which is enabled.  Could that be related to my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines