• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 "Printed Documentation": Double-click and nothing happens

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded from RH9. Now, using my existing project, I try to generate a printable output. I double-click on "Printed Documentation" in the Single Source Layout pod and nothing happens. Right-click and Generate also does nothing. Right-click and View allows me to make a new copy using the existing settings but I have no way to adjust the content, layout, etc. What's gone wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1] Do you get the same problem with one of the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

2] Do you get the same if you create a new project with one or two simple topics?

3] What version of Word are you using?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plot thickens. I tried with a different project and it worked, no problem. A difference was that for the project which works I see a limited number of options under Single Source Layout:

2014-12-02 11_10_36-RoboHelp HTML - Omnisec431.png

With the project that I am unable to print, I see a larger set of options:

2014-12-02 11_11_38-RoboHelp HTML - Omnisec711.png

Does someone have a clue why there is this difference and why one doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No plot. Rh comes with a number of options and all that has happened in the sample is that the layouts not required have been deleted.

Try right clicking in the space below the options you have and create a new print layout, not a duplicate. Does that work?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It creates "New Printed Documentation Layout" but without any chance to change settings and when I double-click, again nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your project located on your local drive?

Are the other layouts all working OK?

What version of Word are you using?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my project is on a server. But so are the others that work.

Primary layout (MS HTML) works. Other layouts don't work; nothing happens.

I have MS Office Professional 2010, Version 14..., (32-bit) on Win7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rh9 did not support working with projects located on a server. I am guessing you upgraded with the project already there. You have to upgrade locally and then you can move the project to the server.

To confirm that is the cause, create a new project in Rh11 with one or two topics. I think that will work fine leaving only this project with the problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering here if perhaps it's a situation where the window is actually opening, but not in a visible area of the screen. Wondering if you try double-clicking, then pressing Alt+Spacebar, followed by letter M and then press an arrow key. Move your mouse slowly around the area and see if a dialog mysteriously appears as you drag the mouse.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project (on the server, as I have been doing successfully since RH2). No problem with Printed Documentation. I imported all the topics, index, etc. from the old project, deleted the old one, renamed the new one as the old one, re-compiled and generated the printed documentation without problem.

I understand that it's necessary to copy the compiled .chm file to my local machine to use it.

The only thing that perturbs me somewhat (but its not new) is that during compilation I get the message "Warning: The size of stop file has to be limited in 512 bytes." which is neither English nor very meaningful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Think of the message as a warning. You are doing 25mph but the sign still says 30mph. In that scenario you would ignore it as you can here. Exceed the limit and you may hit problems.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp