• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling notification that was enabled in code from an old Extendscript script

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not knowing much about notification, but believing that I wouldn't do anything that couldn't be undone, I experimented with using notification in an old script (which I'll call oldScript.jsx for reference) in order to (have my script) learn when a document or a book got closed.  The code line that I inserted in oldScript.jsx was:

Notification(Constants.FA_Note_PostQuitDoc, Constants.FA_Note_PostQuitBook);          // Register for notifications

I also added a stub for handling the notification callback.  I didn't get far enough to write the callback code.

I added oldScript.jsx to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker10\startup folder and started FrameMaker.  After deciding that I no longer wanted to register for any notifications, I removed the registration line above (and the callback handler stub) and renamed the script to newScript.jsx (and put it in the startup folder after deleting oldScript.jsx from the startup folder).  Now I get the following message anytime a document or book gets closed:

Notification Error : Can not open file. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker10\startup\oldScript.jsx

Any idea how to unregister for notifications so that I no longer clog up my console with instances of the above error message.  Note that oldScript.jsx is no longer in the startup folder.  Some persistent entity associated with FrameMaker (or perhaps Windows?) has retained the notification registration that I'd like to kill.  Any help short of reinstalling FrameMaker would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Hi Paul, Go to File > Script > Catalog and click on the Autorun and Registered radio buttons. Do you see anything suspect in either view? -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, Go to File > Script > Catalog and click on the Autorun and Registered radio buttons. Do you see anything suspect in either view? -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick!  I simply had to unregister oldScript.jsx.  I appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines