• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I inject Google Analytics code into my topics?

Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RH10, building merged WebHelp, and we've just been asked to tag each topic for Google Analytics. When we were doing this for Webtrends and RH9, we were forced to inject the code as a post process with a perl script.

Has RH10 made any advances in that regard?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Find and Replace in Files has improved as long as you avoid a nasty bug. Setting up a search based on Starts With and Ends With is fine. Use the Must Include and kiss your project goodbye.

You obviously have other ways of doing it and I would be inclined to stick with what you know and trust.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the process is easier than that. I can embed the code in my Master page and voila! Instant GA coding when I generate the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Were you able to get the GA script to be embedded in all of your RH topics by putting it into the master page (htt)? I have tried this and it is not working. Any tips and/or tricks would be very helpful!

Thanks

Deborah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of the <head> section, put it in the header/footer of the master page. That'll work.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless TheMarcus7 can tell us otherwise, I'm thinking that a solution involving Master Pages would only work for new topics, not existing topics.

Rick. Any thoughts on that?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not other than what Willam posted. As long as the code is the same for each topic, Master Page header or footer should work.

The only way I could see that failing would be if the code were different for each topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp