Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty installer dialog on Windows 8.1

Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install flashplayer to use in firefox (included with ie11 already in Win8) using install_flashplayer15x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe (signed ‎01 ‎September ‎2014 12:34:23) file version 3.5.4.26 and product verion 2.0.2.13. Whenever I doubleclick the EXE it brings up the window but it is empty:

EmptyInstallerWindow.png

When the EXE is run and the dialog is diplayed the EXE is deleted (whilst it appears to be running)...!!

When I try to close it using the red cross it brings up the following url in my browser http://www.{completionpageurl}.com/?exitcode=-1

Closing the dialog using the cross does not work and I have to 'end task' the process tree.

Windows 8.1 with all Windows updates as of 2nd Dec '14

I downloaded it from Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player

On the page for that it says it is going to be 17MB but in fact is just 1 MB

Many Thanks.

(It is being run from the downloads folder and this still occurs when I remove the security check an 'unblock' the exe in it's properties pane)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

You have to by-pass the buggy downloader exe and download the full installer. See

Re: Unable to install flash player. After downloading the Adobe FLash Player Installer and running it, a grey pop up win…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue since I got windows 8 and now I'm in 10. I've had to manually install whatever is the closest to the current version and even then Flash is always crashing. I think this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed with Windows users upgrading to Windows 8 and 8.1 and even testers like me who have 10. If this isn't fixed now, I can imagine the problem growing in the coming months to where it takes several updates to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP

I've just tried with https://aihdownload.adobe.com/bin/live/install_flashplayer16x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe

file version 3.5.4.26 on Windws 8.1 and suprise suprise the same behaviour.

I downloaded and ran in firefox and it elevated, deleted it's exe and sent me to the url above. Manually double-clicking the file in Windows explorer it just shows the empty box and doesn't remove itself or show the url, if I 'run as Administrator' to execute it will again delete itself and show the url! Either way I have to use task manager to terminate the process as the exit buttons are unresponsive.

Looks like this is a popular issue on Installing Flash Player‌ forums but so far I can't find a useful reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to by-pass the buggy downloader exe and download the full installer. See

Re: Unable to install flash player. After downloading the Adobe FLash Player Installer and running i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately full installer do not provide automatic background update. I'm seeing this blank installer screen for almost half an year on diferent PC's with different OS'es. It's absurd that Adobe FlashPlayer team can't resolve this for this long. As I see they don't care. I'm waiting this Flash thing to be dead soon. This buggy thing was annoying and swallowing our resources for too long. Congrats to FlashPlayer team. Go look for a job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines