• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exchange 2007 Bug?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2007 Aug 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an issue with the new cfexchange tags working with exchange 2007? I attempted to run the following code on exchange 2005 and it ran as expected.

Code:<cfexchangemail action="set" uid="#getMail.uid#" connection="exchconn" message="#newsettings#"></cfexchangemail>
Error: Invalid uri ' http://mail/exchange/repairs/Inbox/FW:%20Note%20[Mega%20Play escaped absolute path not valid

Code:<cfexchangemail action="delete" connection="exchconn" uid="#getMail.uid#"></cfexchangemail>
Error: Requested Exchange resource was not found on the server.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2007 Aug 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web Outlook is enabled for all users, the mail server is inside the firewall, WebDav is enabled, and HTTPS is not required on the mail server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are issues with the Exchange 2007 WebDav support and the new cfexchange tags. Basically Exchange 2007 doesn't work as well as earlier versions. :-(

We are actively trying to resolve these issues, but we don't have any workarounds in the short term. Not a great answer I know. You could try to call MS about it and report it as a compatibility problem with Exchange 2007...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the Microsoft MSDN it looks like they are planning on discontinuing the WebDav support in favor of Exchange Web Services. Microsoft referred to WebDav as a LEGACY component. Will Adobe modify the code to use Exchange Web Services in the future instead of WebDav?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb408417.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124516.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing this will be a whole 'nother feature. We are trying to repro the problem you described. In our testing we have not seen this type of problem with Exchange 2007. The only areas we have seen problems with are downloading attachments and with inviting resources in the calendar event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2007 Sep 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The functionality you mentioned works fine on Exchange 2007. Except getAttachments all actions for <cfexchangeMail> work fine. Could you please post your sample code including the connection part so that we can try the same here?

Thanks & Regards,
Dipanwita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2007 Sep 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sample code for changing mail settings:

<cfexchangeconnection action="open" connection="exchconn" server="mail" username="user" password="pass">
<cfexchangemail connection="exchconn" action="get" name="getMail"></cfexchangemail>

<cfoutput query="getMail">
<cfset newsettings = structnew()>
<cfset newsettings.IsRead = true>
<cfexchangemail action="set" uid="#uid#" connection="exchconn" message="#newsettings#"></cfexchangemail>
</cfoutput>
<cfexchangeconnection action="close" connection="exchconn">

Error:
Invalid uri ' http://mail/exchange/repairs/Inbox/FW:%20Note%20[Mega%20Play escaped absolute path not valid
The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot2\dev\sandbox\email.cfm: line 17
15 : <cfset newsettings = structnew()>
16 : <cfset newsettings.IsRead = true>
17 : <cfexchangemail action="set" uid="#uid#" connection="exchconn" message="#newsettings#"></cfexchangemail>
18 :

Sampe code for deleting email:
<cfexchangeconnection action="open" connection="exchconn" server="mail" username="user" password="pass">
<cfexchangemail connection="exchconn" action="get" name="getMail"></cfexchangemail>

<cfoutput query="getMail">
<cfexchangemail action="delete" uid="#getMail.uid#" connection="exchconn"></cfexchangemail>
</cfoutput>
<cfexchangeconnection action="close" connection="exchconn">

Error:
Requested Exchange resource was not found on the server.
The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot2\dev\sandbox\email.cfm: line 14
12 :
13 : <cfoutput query="getMail">
14 : <cfexchangemail action="delete" uid="#getMail.uid#" connection="exchconn"></cfexchangemail>
15 : </cfoutput>
16 : <cfexchangeconnection action="close" connection="exchconn">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2007 Sep 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here's the code that I executed and all the operations worked fine.

<cfexchangeConnection
action="open"
username ="tester"
password="tester"
server="IP address"
protocol="https"
connection="testconn1">
Connection created!

<cfexchangeMail action="get" connection="testconn1" name="getMessages">
<cfdump var="#getMessages#">
Messages with initial properties retrieved!

<cfif getMessages.recordCount gt 0>
<cfoutput query="getMessages">
<cfset messageStruct = structNew()>
<cfset messageStruct.isRead = "true">
<cfexchangeMail action="set" message="#messageStruct#" connection="testconn1" uid="#UID#">
</cfoutput>
</cfif>

<cfexchangeMail action="get" connection="testconn1" name="getNewMessages">
<cfdump var="#getNewMessages#">
Message with new properties retrieved!

<cfif getNewMessages.recordCount gt 0>
<cfoutput query="getNewMessages">
<cfexchangemail action="delete" uid="#uid#" connection="testconn1">
</cfoutput>
Messages deleted!
</cfif>

<cfexchangeConnection
action="close"
connection="testconn1">

What I would suggest is, after each 'get' do a dump of the query and see you are actually getting the mails and their UIDs in the recordset. If records are returned correctly, then there should not be any issue looping through them for setting properties or deleting. Let me know what your query dump shows.

Thanks & Regards,
Dipanwita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2007 Sep 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem appears to be occuring when the subject line of an email contains a bracket [ or ].
If none of the emails had a bracked it worked fine.

Error when subject was "test [ fail this ] ":
Invalid uri ' http://mail/exchange/repairs/Inbox/test%20[%20fail%20this%20 escaped absolute path not valid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2007 Sep 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I verified this issue, it does throw this error while setting message properties if the message has braces in its subject line. Have logged a bug and it will be fixed.

Thanks & Regards,
Dipanwita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2007 Sep 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been confirmed to cause problems when deleting the message as well if it has a bracket?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2007 Sep 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does throw ResourceNotFoundException for deletion as well if the message has braces in subject line.

Thanks & Regards,
Dipanwita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2007 Dec 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have a timeframe in mind when this might be resolved? We BADLY need this feature to work with Exchange 2007 ASAP. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2008 Jan 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

are you still working on this issue? We really need to solve this problem. Could you please tell us, if there some workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for not keeping you posted on the status of this issue. ctually, this bug has been fixed in CF8 updater. Since updater is going to be released sometime in March, we can provide you with a hotfix for this. Let us know if that is okay with you.

Thanks & Regards,
Dipanwita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please send me instructions on how to obtain the hotfix! Please email to matt 'at' iceasb.org

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: matt@iceasb.org
Yes, please send me instructions on how to obtain the hotfix! Please email to matt 'at' iceasb.org

Thanks!

Still waiting for this! Please send ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to connect to a client exchange server with the right username and password. Apparently WebDAV is enabled on that server. However, when I try to open a connection, I get this error. I need to get this resolved ASAP.!

Could not log in to the Exchange server.
Verify server name, username, and password.

I am using the following code:
<cfexchangeConnection
action="open"
username ="username" (not username@domain.com or domain/username)
password="password"
server="mymail.domainname.com"
connection="testconn1"
>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The only areas we have seen problems with are downloading attachments and with inviting resources in the calendar event. "

Is there an answer to the problem with downloading attachments? I am getting "Exchange error Code : 501" when trying to get an attachemt. I am using the sample code provided by Adobe. Checking Google tells me lots of people are having the same problem but have not found a fix.

Ian Mulgrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2008 Dec 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same bug. We believe the issue is relevant to characters other than '[' and ']'.

Such characters as ':', '|' and '(' - ')' are probably triggering the issue.

Does the aforementioned hotfix take care of these characters as well?

Please send the hotfix to jerseycat10@yahoo.com, along with instructions on how to install said hotfix.

Also, please provide the hotfix number and data explaining which ColdFusion 8 update this hotfix was incorporated into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please post your email address so that I can mail the hotfix to you directly.

Thanks & Regards,
Dipanwita

quote:

Originally posted by: PhilipCav
Please do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2008 Jan 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send hotfix to me bostjan.bo at gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dipanwita,
I am still waiting for the patch.

Thanks,
Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Can you please post your email id here, so that I can mail the patch directly to you.

Thanks,
Dipanwita

quote:

Originally posted by: akhurana
Hi Dipanwita,
I am still waiting for the patch.

Thanks,
Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation