Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions could not connect to activation servers

Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE will not connect to activation servers with either the computer or my Sony ereader.  Tells me to check internet connections.  They are fine.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2014 Nov 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too.  I have tried a number of suggested solutions, but so far, no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Trying to authorize on my Sony Vaio laptop. My internet connection is fine. I have Windows Vista, using Google Chrome, Norton brand security, if any of that matters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I opened up the firewall and I got the welcome message when checking that the firewall was open. My clock is set to the correct time. Everything on the internet works except authorization. Documentation says virus protection might be the cause but offers no suggestions on what to do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem has anybody found an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this solution on an old thread and it worked sorry don't know how to connect directly so have copied and paste but it worked!!!

So open ADE. Hit Control-Shift-D. This will ask you if you want to get rid of the authorization on this computer.Answer "Yes". Then try again to authorize this computer and this time it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, worked for me: had an older version of ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2014 Dec 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me. There is a menu item Help/Erase Authorization... which is activated by Control-Shift-D. However it is greyed out. I had erased the authorization yesterday using the menu item. Today I pressed Control-Shift-D with no effect whatever.  When I try to borrow a library book I still get the same error message as before. I am using ADE version 4.0.2.103411

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jimmy found a good explanation and helpful tips on a library website this afternoon. I've bookmarked on my laptop

And will put the link up tomorrow .

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this on a public library site so maybe you should uninstall ADE and reinstall with the kobo in.  I think you need to activate both the computer and the device

before you download or borrow anything.  I think the trick is to activate the device before downloading but as that's too late reinstalling then activating might work.

"

First things first, you should plugin the Kobo before attempting to install ADE.  It won't authorize the device properly unless it is already there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you libraryborrower for looking into this matter. I uninstalled ADE and reinstalled it with the kobo connected. After the install, the installer asked if I wanted to merge existing books. I said yes. When that was finished, I was unable to authorize and got the same error message as before. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled a second time but this time did not merge. The result was no different than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suddenly able to use ADE again, and it is connecting to the internet.  It has mysteriously started working again, as mysteriously as it stopped working.  I don't understand.  I tried everything, and nothing seemed to work.  I tried deleting ADE and re installing it twice without success, so I tried for the third time.  And it seems that third time can sometimes be lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I found out what my issue is. According to Kobo's website, ADE version 4.0 is incompatible with the kobo ereader. They suggested I use version 3.0 instead. I did so and was able to authorize my computer. I still can't download books to my e-reader, but now the issue is different. As far as I am concerned, I am no longer having the problem stated in this thread and so I am no longer going to post to it. If I can't resolve my issue now, I will post to a different thread to discuss further problems. Thanks to all who looked into this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines