• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 500 after installing CF11 on Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new laptop with Windows 8.1. I had a previous latop that had been upgraded to Windows 8.1 and ran CF10 perfectly fine. I made sure the necessary IIS modules were installed for CF. I installed CF11 using the "Run as administrator" option, just to be on safe side. Everything appeared to go smoothly and no hiccups occured. However, when I click to go CF admin page, I received an Error 500. I've made sure permissions on the folders are correct and allow for the IIS_USR a even IUSR. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sort of at a loss here.

The detailed information is as follows:

Detailed Error Information:

Module   IsapiModule
Notification   ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler   cfmHandler
Error Code   0x800700c1

Requested URL   http://127.0.0.1:80/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm
Physical Path   D:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\index.cfm
Logon Method   Anonymous
Logon User   Anonymous

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Solution as Anit Kumar says, I must have installed the wrong bit version thinking it to be 64bit...

We found this out by setting up the internal CF webserver (on port 8500) and looking into the CF Administrator in that way.

- stop the CF Application service

- enable built in webserver in xml config file

- Command prompt Run as Administrator

- In CMD navigate to Coldfusion11/cfusion/bin/ and launch command : 'coldfusion -start -console'  -> CF will be started from CMD

- in browser navigate to localhos

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason using the web connector tool, I can remove the connections, add them again this time allowing for 32bit and it works, but agonizingly slow. If i try to go back and remove the 32bit connectors and set it up again as 64bit, it throws the error 500 again. This is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion and IIS both should have same bitness. If CF is installed in 64-bit mode, then change the App pool (Enable 32 bit applications” set to false) under Advanced Settings. Remove the connector and recreate it.

Once done, launch command prompt as administrator and try iisreset command. Now you can test your site/CF Admin.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem as OP and I wonder if the proposed fix worked?  It tried to implement the solution but to no avail.

I'm working with a fresh install of Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise with IIS 8.5. I verified all installed features of IIS as following :

IIS8_5_Features.jpg

In IIS Management console I verified all access by adding a specific connection user. (the local administrator account)

The default application pool is set to x64 only (= disabled x32 support in Advance settings of Application Pool Management)

The error message received when browsing the http://localhost/CFIDE/Administrator/ :

Error.jpg

I cannot seem to resole this issue, but is it related to the x64 version of Windows?

Anyway, I've been searching the web for a few days now and I did not find any solution yet.

Any thoughts how to resolve this, short from installing Windows 7 and going from there?

Thanks for reading,

Regards Bert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you ensure that the cfm handlers are added at the Serevr/Site level?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Print-screen below:

IIS_HandlerMappings.jpg

They appear to be all there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They all look fine. It seems like a permission issue. Can you check the permission on wsconfig folder?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit Kumar,

It seems fine, see print-screen :

WSConfig_Security.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you access ColdFusion with the built-in port?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I go about to access CF in that way? I do not seem to be able to find a clue how to do such a thing.

If you refer to locahost:8500 port, I can say I just tested that and as expected it did not work. I never created a site on that port and I made CF install mappings on the IIS directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you contact the team at cfinstal@adobe.com with reference to this thread.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll send my case through via that email.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this!

Regards Bert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We figured out it to be an application pool issue. CF was running in 32-bit and IIS was running in 64-bit mode. We changed the Application Pool bitness to 32-bit and issue resolved.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution as Anit Kumar says, I must have installed the wrong bit version thinking it to be 64bit...

We found this out by setting up the internal CF webserver (on port 8500) and looking into the CF Administrator in that way.

- stop the CF Application service

- enable built in webserver in xml config file

- Command prompt Run as Administrator

- In CMD navigate to Coldfusion11/cfusion/bin/ and launch command : 'coldfusion -start -console'  -> CF will be started from CMD

- in browser navigate to localhost:8500/CFIDE/Administrator/ and login.

- goto Settings Summary and check parameter 'Java VM Name'; if it does NOT contain something like 'x64' it is a 32 bit install!

Then we enabled 32bit support in IIS management console via ApplicationPool -> Advanced Settings and voila it worked!

Next I'll download and install the correct version I intended all along! 😉

Once again thanks for the support!

Regards Bert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Attached is a screen shot for my future reference and others. I found that it's best to just set the Application Pool Defaults by clicking on "Set Application Pool Defaults" when the Application Pools node is selected. Once the dialog for the defaults is open choose the correct Bitness for Enable 32-bit Applications. This way all application pools that get created retain the correct bitness and avoid this super annoying error. Not sure why 32Bit apps is the default on an x64 system, but I'm sure there is more going on than I care to figure out at this point.

IIS_APPPOOL_32bit_mode.PNG

2 hours blaming it on the CF 11 Update 2 / CF 10 Update 14 bug that mangles the Visual C++ Distribution. If the bitness matching issue isn't your problem check out this other post on how to manually install updates.

500 error after installing CF 11 Update 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation