• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download using the Creative Cloud desktop

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try and download applications I get the following message: "Installation Failed.  Unable to reach Adobe servers. Please check your internet connectivity, firewall setting, and then try again."

I am definitely connected to the internet and have disabled the firewall but still have them same issue.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the creative cloud desktop.

Operating System: OS X 10.8.4

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Penny,

Welcome to the Community!

Please check the hosts file in your Mac and delete all the Adobe entries from the hosts file. Location is as follows:

Finder>> Go>> Go to folder>> /etc>> Hosts

Open the hosts file with Textedit and delete the Adobe entries (If available)

Once you have deleted the Adobe entries from the hosts file launch Adobe Creative cloud.

If the issue is still not resolved then please check http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html for further troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Ankit.

My hosts file doesn't mention Adobe and I can do everything on the link you provided: I can connect to the internet, obviously; I can access secure sites; connect to Adobe's activation servers and my GlobalSign Root CA is installed and activated.

Not sure if it is related but whenever I try and access the Creative Cloud website, loading a page can take a good 4-5 minutes...  I am not having issues with any non-Adobe sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Penny,

Have you solve the problem yet? I have exact same problem with you.

Please help. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i refreshed my laptop and it got rid off the creative cloud and lightroom app and i've been trying to install them again but the creative cloud won't open properly. All it says is "We've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly... why is so complicated? You guys charged my card so fast... and now.... whats a firewall dam it? Why I always have so many problems trying to LEGALY get your products? really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a resolution for this?  I've had the same problem for days and still isn't working.  I tried customer service chat and after hours online with them they said they had to send some package files to someone else and email me back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Firewalls are not the issue, I've manually added creative cloud into my antivirus's whitelist and made exceptions for the program in window's built-in firewall, I've even tried shutting all firewalls off and trying to run adobe creative cloud, it refuses to connect. I've deleted the cache (the host files). I've uninstalled and reinstalled. It doesn't work.

I HAVE successfully used creative cloud in the past (about a month ago) to download and install an app. Now it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, did anybody find a resolution? CC worked to update several apps yesterday, now it won't connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still never got a resolution on my PC.  I was able to download and install just fine on my macbook (same internet connection) but still no adobe servers on pc desktop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too, and it has been going on for a long time!

I have both an iMac and Windows 7 PC in my office - the PC downloads, updates and installs all Creative Cloud tasks as well as Applications just fine, however my iMac continues to fail reaching the server during the installation of an application.

Firewall is disabled on my Mac, no Adobe listing in my Hosts file, Passive mode disabled on my Network's proxy connections... yet the problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem in the office and switched to use my cell phone LTE network and it worked fine. Check your router settings or possible firewall setting in the office router if any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i refreshed my laptop and it got rid off the creative cloud and lightroom app and i've been trying to install them again but the creative cloud won't open properly. All it says is "We've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. I am trying to install Dreamweaver for 2 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have a solution? Tried mostly everything. Still can't download on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here as well, Windows 8.1. Was working fine as far as I knew, until I just looked to see it wasn't able to connect. Added an exception for the Creative Cloud desktop to my firewall. Tried restarting, and still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i downloaded and installed the latest version of Adobe AIR runtime. It hasn't been automatically. Restart of Creative Cloud (Quit it before install the new Adobe AIR runtime) and everything worked fine. I hope it's working as simple for you too.

By the way 1: in the Standard User Account (Admin User for installation only), CC App was sticking at log in. Just Quit & Reopen of CC App logged in automatically again.

By the way 2: an old Adobe AIR runtime is often the reason for issues around sign in, updates and help features, so keep it in mind.

Good luck

link to Adobe AIR runtime: Adobe - Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

i have the same problem for months now and the lack of answers by Adobe is quite annoying.

and still i get the same message after login on to Adobe CC: "Unable to reacht Adobe servers. Please check your firewall settings, and try again in a few minutes".

Still no idea where the problem can be located? I cannot open my network any more since basically EVERYTHING is allowed by now!

I have:

- firewall disabled

- no proxy

- port 443 and 80 are completely opened for communication

- no adobe entry in the hosts file

- antivirus disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gileraracer, did you manually installed the latest version of Adobe AIR Runtime as suggested in my post? That fixed the issue on my Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ApfelKwax

thats the first thing i did after reading this thread. Unfortunately nothing changes for me, still the same problem.

BR

Gil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dutch Rascal on this similar thread

Can't sign in to Creative Cloud Desktop application...

found a solution posted on

You are no longer signed into your Creative Cloud applications

If you didn't already, I guess it's a try worth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had a similar problem-- a user couldn't see a list of available apps to download-- it came back with the same response. This was on a Mac running El Capitan.

I think the issue for this user was DNS on their network, but just restarting their DNS server didn't seem to be enough.

I fixed the issue by logging out of the (standard) user's account, logging into the Mac as an administrator and quitting the CC Desktop app.

I then flushed their DNS cache in Terminal like so:

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

and then restarted the Creative Cloud desktop app and logged into it using the original user's Adobe ID.

The list of apps then showed up and I could download and install the app they were originally looking for.

I think the fix required both restarting the DNS server and flushing the cache-- flushing the cache by itself wouldn't be enough because it will just pick up the wrong details again if the server is still playing up.

I know this is an old thread, but hopefully this will help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am unable to connect with the Creative Cloud and check for updates to Lightroom and Photoshop.  I know that my account is still active because I can log-in Adobe from their website.  Does anyone have some ideas for a non-technical person - looking at elliottseven's instructions above make my head explode - I have no idea what that means.  Please help.  J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue on both my Mac and my PC.

I resolved it on the Mac by opening the Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor) and force quitting all Adobe and Creative Cloud processes. Then, I relaunched Creative Cloud manually (Applications/Adobe Creative Cloud/Adobe Creative Cloud) and it initiates the update without issues.

On the PC (Win 7) I started the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del Task Manager) and ended the Adobe and Creative Cloud processes and manually relaunched Creative Cloud. Again, the update started correctly and immediately.

Have fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines