Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Captivate HTML Video in RH11

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML 11, Captivate 7, Internet Explorer 11, Adobe Flash Player 15.0.0

We have a number of videos, each published as a separate Captivate project in HTML5 format. We then imported them (specifically their "index.html" files) into RoboHelp.

When I output the files as Responsive HTML, the videos appear correctly except there is no Play/Stop/Info bar below it.

When we View the topics, or if we output them as WebHelp, the videos simply don't appear.  The Play/Stop/Info bar does appear below where the video should be. In fact, the progress bar shows that the video is running.  However, clicking the Info button shows that we're using Captivate 4, when we're actually using version 7.

Can either of these issues be fixed? Thanks.

-- Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's more information: the playbar that appears beneath the blank video does not come from the Cap project. In Captivate, we removed the playbar before publishing the video, but in RH this other playbar still appears. (It's also a different style and color. I should have mentioned that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you provide more detail about exactly how you went about adding the Captivate?

Please be as descriptive as possible.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thought: I believe that Captivate HTML5 output is only supported on HTML5 outputs. If you embed both SWF and HTML5 in the project, WebHelp will use the flash output.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I tell which output is being used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If it's SWF, it's going to have essentially four files in possible use. Maybe even more, depending on what was done in the project.

The SWF, an HTML page to present it, a file named Standard.js and a css file.

If it's HTML 5 or responsive, you will have a fairly nested folder structure involved. Look at the image below for a reference.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way I've ever managed to make HTML 5 or Responsive work in RoboHelp, is to use Baggage files and carefully create all the folder structure that is needed. Then visit each folder and add the folder content as baggage. Once you have done that, the HTML 5 or responsive should work.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output being used is a setting of your SSL. For Multiscreen/Responsive HTML5 you can choose to use the HTML5 output instead of the SWF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the one who created the Captivate projects, but she told me that she puublished them as HTML5 output.

In RoboHelp, I went to File --> Import --> Adobe Captivate Demo, selected HTML5 Output, and browsed to where she put the video files. I selected the index.htm file in the folder.

Doing these steps would create, in the Project Manager, a topic (such as "Video_1"), a "Video_1.swf", and a "Video_1.cpz".  I'm hoping that this really is running HTML5 even though that swf file is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“When I output the files as Responsive HTML, the videos appear correctly except there is no Play/Stop/Info bar below it.” – hang on, you just said that you supressed the play controls in Captivate; why would you then expect them to appear in RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppressed the controls once, as a test. Even when they are not suppressed, they don't appear in Responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp