• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp6 and Japanese translation?

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2007 Sep 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm considering upgrading to RoboHelp6 from X5. The 750-page document I'm working on needs to be sent to a translating company for localization into Spanish and Japanese. They've informed me that R6 doesn't support Japanese, and they'll need to save the files as RoboHelp3 to do the translation. My question is, what will that do to hyperlinks and such (which seem to be saved when transferred to WORD using X6 demo)? Are there any other pitfalls I should be aware of before suggesting the upgrade?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2007 Sep 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi TechWriterKat2. Let me start by saying that I am far from a localization expert. That said, I think hyperlinks are likely to be no problem at all as that functionality has not changed since X3. A link is a link and more than likely uses the same HTML source code regardless of what version you have used. What you need to watch out for though are other features in the help where the source code has changed. Look back over the features added since X3 and see if you are using them in your help. if you are, I'd suggest you remove them. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp