Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder Code Signing

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have question about Code Singing Certificate for Adobe Air.

I renew Code Signing Certificate to Adobe Air program in 'Flash Builder'.

But, In program install, popup error and not installed.

The error message is 'The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem.

The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid.  Please contact the application author.'

Why popup this error?

If I want fix this error, what should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are using the "Original" certificate in your "renewed" app release?  Because any app compiled with a specific certificate, cannot be "re-compiled" using another certificate.  You MUST USE the original certificate that you signed, and attached to your app.  Does this help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should explain a little further to clarify.  If you have released an app to say, Google Play, but want to run an update to that app, then you'll have to use the exact Signing Certificate that you used to first compile the app.  Sometimes, developers forget the password that they used for the certificate, and think they can just issue another certificate under the same file name.  Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

Now with that being said, you can still add another certificate to your app, and recompile it as normal....and everything will be fine again.  You just won't be able to upload that app to Google Play and "Update" the other app.  Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines