• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Randomization of Order of Answers to Quiz Questions

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When randomizing answers to multiple-choice, and multiple-answer, questions, is there a way to lock one of the answers in place? 
For example, I would like to have the order of (a) through (d) shuffle, but keep answer (e) as "None of the Above".  [Using Presenter 9, MS Office PowerPoint 2013, Windows 7]

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This not possible with Presenter.

Thanks

Alpi Agarwal

Adobe Presenter Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible with Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The above scenario is not possible in Captivate too. You can shuffle the answers but cannot restrict any option from shuffling.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although I have a very limited experience with Captivate and with Presenter I am not sure whether this suggestion will work.  Can you split up your A-D questions separate from the E question and thus only shuffle A-D in a script?  For example, if I were coding this in Flash (ActionScript 3.0) I would create two separate arrays, one for the A-D questions and one for the E questions/answers and perform the necessary logic against those two distinct arrays.  That way you can always keep your second array consistently appearing in the same place in your quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources