• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NPAPI Adobe Flash Player plugin Google Chrome

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My NPAPI Adobe Flash Player plugin of Google Chrome just suddenly disappeared from the plugin list, making me unable to download some videos and load some websites. Does anybody know how can I solve this problem? Where can I download the plugin? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It seems the NPAPI plugin may have been uninstalled, perhaps unintentionally.  Using Chrome browser (which embeds the Flash Player PPAPI plugin), you can download the NPAPI plugin from Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player.  In step 1, select your OS.  In step 2, select 'FP 16 for Firefox - NPAPI'.  Although the NPAPI plugin is still working on Chrome, Google is deprecating it in favor of the PPAPI plugin, which is already embedded in Chrome. More information on this is available at Chromium Blog: Saying Goodbye to Our Old Friend NPAPI and NPAPI deprecation: developer guide - The Chromium Projects.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I have followed your instructions. However, after I have downloaded the plugin, it seems unable to install, there is no response after opening the installation wizard. Are there any problems?

Rooney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Chrome plugin page is like this. no NPAPI.Screenshot (29).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rooney,

What do you mean by 'there is no response after opening the installation wizard'?  Please post a screenshot of the installation wizard. 

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (33).pngI clicked yes for allowing this program to make changes to my computer. Then, there is no response at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also says this...Screenshot (34).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The installer should work on Windows 8.x.  Is this Windows 8 or 8.1?  I'll try to reproduce. This is actually the online shim installer, that downloads/installs Flash Player silently. Another team handles this installer and I've forward this to them.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC is running Windows 8.1, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rooney,

We've not been able to reproduce the issue you're experiencing.  We'd appreciate it if you could run the shim installer in debug mode which will create a log file that we can examine. To run the installer in debug mode, please do the following:

1. Download the shim installer (it deletes itself when executed so you may no longer have it saved locally).
  2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder where the installer was downloaded to
  3. Launch the command-window
    • In modern mode, enter cmd in the search field
    • In desktop mode, right click on start > select Run > type cmd in the text field > click OK
  4. Drag and drop the installer onto the Command Window, hit space and type /debug
    • should look similar to: C:\Users\labuser\Downloads\install_flashplayer16x32_gtbd_chrd_dn_aaa_aih.exe /debug
      • note the space between 'exe' and '/debug'
  5. The User Account Control dialog window will display, asking to allow the program to make changes, click Yes
  6. The installer dialog window will display, follow the instructions to install.
  7. When installation completes, a file, host.developer.log, will be created in the same location where the installer was saved to.
  8. Please share the host.developer.log file using the instructions here, How to share a document.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The command window showed this...Screenshot (35).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria

For your information, I can't use the flash player of this link.

Electric Man 2 - Free Online Action Games from AddictingGames

Rooney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Do we have 16 PPAI plugin available in MSI and EXE form for distribution?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines