• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any idea when Word 2007 will be supported?

Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will soon need to upgrade to Word 2007. We can't upgrade RoboHelp (even though we would like to) till it supports Word 2007. Couldn't find any info on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2007 Apr 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

We are all waiting on an announcement from Adobe.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rz1,

If your project is going to be a large project with more than 1000+ topics, you are going to want to move away from Word completely. In Word each topic is a page and documents with large number of pages tend to get unstable after awhile. When we hit the 2000+ mark, Word would crash and we could no longer make edits to our project. We converted to a HTML project and are having no issues. Our project has about 5000+ topics. Word 2007 is great and I use it daily, but I recommend keeping it as a word processor.

Thanks.

Gary
gd_pharmd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2007 Apr 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rz1,

You can install Word 2007 alongside Word 2003. It's not the most elegant of solutions as Word has to do a repair every time you start one of the other versions, but is fine if you just need Word 2003 for importing or outputting.

Thanks,
Donal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm I was about to install and demo Robo Help for a possible help system in our company but without office 2007 support it is a no go!! I think not setting a date\goal is bad policy. Customers need something to plan their projects around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2007 Jun 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurt48 and welcome to our community

"but without office 2007 support it is a no go!!"

May I ask what it is about Office 2007 you need? Keep in mind that this is the "General Discussion" area of the forums, so we have no clue as to whether you are needing RoboHelp for Word and are intent on producing WinHelp output. If your output type is HTML Help or a variant and you aren't producing printed output, any version of Word is about as useful to you as wings on a hog.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Robohelp for eight years and last used x5. I started a new job this week, and we are on Word 2007. I'm the first technical writer here and will create the client server windows help from scratch, but before I get my boss to buy Robohelp, I'd like it to be Word 2007 compatible. Since the last post on this thread, has anyone heard about when this might happen either as a patch or as a new release (Robohelp 7?) I called Adobe support, but they basically just referred me back to the website. Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Style Council and welcome to the RH community. As I'm a user just like yourself and not an Adobe employee I have exactly the same information as you. We know that Office 2007 will be supported in RH7 but the vital piece of information regarding when RH7 will be available is probably only known by a handful of Adobe employees ........ and rightly so! With the competitive nature of this business I'd keep my ace up my sleeve until it was the right time to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2007 Sep 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, thanks for the reply. I'd really rather stick with Robohelp and avoid the learning curve of Flare as I try and get help put into the product for the first time. I just hope we don't have to wait too long. Have you or anyone else installed both Word 2003 and Word 2007? I've read that Robohelp can be used as long as you also have Word 2003 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2007 Sep 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered this somewhere only a couple of days ago.

I have both installed and no problems found. You have to run Word 2003 before you use RH if you are doing anthing Word related but that's about it. See Snippets on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2007 Sep 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to verify - Has Adobe confirmed that RoboHelp 7 will be compatible with Word 2007 (I need to do some importing to & exporting from Word)? And/or that it will run on Vista? A number of things I've read in this & other forums make it sound like it will, but I'd like to know for sure if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2007 Sep 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, this business is so competitive that almost every other HAT vendor apart from Adobe already supports Word 2007.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7 will work on Vista and with Word 2007.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, it's clear now that RH7 will support Office 2007, but I'm unclear about RH6. I originally thought that RH6 did not support Office 2007, but now I see in the RoboHelp version comparison chart that RH6 supports Office 2007, while RH7 offers *advanced* support.

Can anyone explain the difference?

Puzzled ,
G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2007 Nov 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi G

I stand to be corrected here, but I think what is meant by "Advanced" support means a new document format called "DocX". As I understand it, this is an XML based format that Word is capable of creating.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp