• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 16 PPAI available in MSI and EXE form for distribution?

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do we have Flash Player 16 PPAI plugin available in MSI and EXE form for distribution?

Where can we find that?

Thanks,

Prakash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Hi Prakash,

Sorry for the delay and confusion about the application process.  That was my fault as I thought your application through our normal channel would at least flag a manual response from the team that works on licensing.

As it stands, we're currently working through legal and logistical issues for PPAPI distribution.  We hope to have a mechanism in place in the coming months.  I should also note that we do not have plans at this time to create an MSI or PKG version of the ppapi installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not install onto Chromium.  The only way I can get PPAPI onto Chromium is via

"C:\Program Files\Chromium\Application\chrome.exe" --ppapi-flash-path="C:\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="16.0.0.235"

Where I have copied pepflashplater.dll and added it to the Chromium shortcut.  This pepperflash was stripped from Chrome which is no longer on my win7 machine.

Is there a trick involved here to get this to run correctly on Chromium so it'll auto update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got this to work by creating this shortcut for Chromium.

"C:\Program Files\Chromium\Application\chrome.exe" --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\flash\pepflashplayer.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="32_16.0.0.240"

Whooooooops! I spoke too soon.  It can't load the plugin this way despite the fact that it shows up in the about:plugins.  Is that because this in a 32 bit version not a 64 bit version?  Some feedback from Adobe would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Opera just to see and Opera sees the PAPPI flash file but I believe that Opera is a 32 bit program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AutoCascade,

You're issue is not related to the original issue in this thread.  Please start a new thread with your issue.  Having multiple issues in one thread is confusing because of the way the responses are posted (they're posted chronologically, not nested to a specific response).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You took the time to reply but couldn't answer my question? I can't wait till HTML5 ends Flash period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prakash,

The PPAPI plugin is currently not available on the distribution page.  Please apply for distribution of the PPAPI plugin at Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the reply, I re-applied for the distribution using the provided links and received the same Distribution links which i was using earlier which has only NPAPI version. Not seeing the PPAPI  version available for download.

Flash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Prakash,

Sorry for the delay and confusion about the application process.  That was my fault as I thought your application through our normal channel would at least flag a manual response from the team that works on licensing.

As it stands, we're currently working through legal and logistical issues for PPAPI distribution.  We hope to have a mechanism in place in the coming months.  I should also note that we do not have plans at this time to create an MSI or PKG version of the ppapi installer.  Of course, we'll reevaluate if there's demand.

I'd like to understand your use case a bit better.  Would you mind dropping me an email at ccampbel@adobe.com and explaining how you'll be using the ppapi build and how many clients you expect to distribute to?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines