Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not install - OSX 10.9.5 w/ Firefox 34.0.5

Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this question has been asked before, but since no one seems to have an answer for it I have no choice but to ask again.

I was having trouble posting scores on a gaming website. The game ran fine, and I could log in successfully, but my scores never showed on the player list. The help section of the site suggested uninstalling / reinstalling Flash Player. I was having trouble with Flash elsewhere so I thought I'd give it a try. The uninstall was successful but now Flash will not reinstall. Now instead of a malfunctioning Flash Player I have no Flash Player at all.

The install process goes as it should - the installer uploads to my desktop, I open it, I get the "Adobe Flash Player Installer" window, I double-click in the icon, I'm asked if I'm "sure I want to open it," I click "open," I enter my administrator password, then comes the problem. The next pop-up window has a black background and for about 1/2 second you can see the words "Retrieving Install" and a loading progress bar, then the words disappear and you're left looking at the blank black box. That's it.

I have Ghostery, Lightbeam, and HTTPS Everywhere add-ons on Firefox. I turned Ghostery off through this process.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Well, good news. I solved it. And it's beyond bizarre that no one has suggested this.

Nested deep, deep, in the the help section is this:

Still having problems?

If you are still having trouble installing Adobe Flash Player, try downloading the installer directly from the following sites:

Apparently Adobe doesn't have a copy of its own software that works? Ridiculous but true. You actually have to dow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, good news. I solved it. And it's beyond bizarre that no one has suggested this.

Nested deep, deep, in the the help section is this:

Still having problems?

If you are still having trouble installing Adobe Flash Player, try downloading the installer directly from the following sites:

Apparently Adobe doesn't have a copy of its own software that works? Ridiculous but true. You actually have to download it from your browser's website.

Adobe, you all seriously need to get your act together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Though I suppose I should add that the original problem with the gaming website persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines