11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2014 5:56 PM by StressedCustomer

Creative Cloud app: SideBySide EventID 80 error in Windows 7

Mollysnoot Level 3

Since updating to the latest version of the CC Desktop app last week I've noticed in Event Viewer that I'm consistently getting an error each time I use my PC (running Win7 x64). I've never seen this error before and wondered if other Windows users have encountered it (known issue?) and how to go about resolving it. Here's the error log summary:

Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\Adobe\adobe creative cloud\Utils\Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.76 01.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0. 7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest.

It appears that when the CC update ran, it installed (reinstalled?) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 and I believe that this has possibly caused the glitch, but I'm not certain. As you can see from the above log, this has something to do with the CC uninstaller: odd, as I'm obviously not trying to uninstall it each time I boot up the PC.

Does anyone have any advice? Fortunately, this doesn't appear to be causing any problems in launching my applications, and I can open up CC desktop without any issues. I wouldn't even know about this if I didn't keep an eye on Event Viewer.

M