• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Authorize a Kobo Reader

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2014 Dec 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded ADE 4.01 on Windows 7 Pro, authorized the computer - all OK.  ADE shows that my Kobo Reader is connected.  When I click on the gear icon beside the device, it provides a drop-down menu; one of which is Authorize Device.  Clicking on this gives me nothing.  As a matter of fact, all items in the drop-down menu do not work for me.  What is the secret on authorizing my Kobo reader such that I can read downloaded books??  Please note that ADE does allow me to drag-drop a book to the Reader but since the Reader is not authorized, the book cannot be read.  I'm sure others had similar problems and can help here.  But I am a bit concerned as there are lots of community posts with unanswered questions pertaining to ADE.  Someone, please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got no reply here in a couple of days.  I contacted Kobo directly and was asked to de-authorize, uninstall DE 4 and download Digital Editions 2.0.  OK, I did this and my computer was authorized after installing and the Kobo reader showed up as a device.  I go to authorize the device and found that the device was already authorized.  So, go figure out the mystery.  Because I don't know the why and the wherefore but I do have my reader authorized now and am able to transfer books to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines