• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Download file

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I consider the day that Macromedia was bought by Adobe to be a rather tragic day in software.   I stopped using Adobe Reader about 3-4 years ago.   I actively discourage people from using it.

It was pretty much the constant updates that did it.   The updates you always assumed had a purpose because you rarely saw a difference, unless it was losing something you liked.

Flash is a little different, not many alternatives.   So when I have an update problem, this is the thought that goes through my head.    I hate your $%   &*(   F*****G company.   And I do.

I don't know what year Adobe is living in, they probably think the future, but download speeds and sizes are not really a problem for me.   In addition, many companies on their download pages offer the full installation package just in case, in their infinite development mindset, they realize that sometimes installation helper files can't retrieve the rest of the installation file.

And then to top it all off and make my experience a lasting one, I get to register for an account with a company I don't even like.

Let me ask, is the full installation package, which I inevitably download anyway,

and inevitably stored somewhere, available anywhere.

Brian K Mcclung

BKM Engineering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the statistics, this comment has received 17 views in the first hour, and not one reply.

The answer is not so easy to find, is it.

Well, it should be.

Brian K Mcclung

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same position, starting to really p.ss me off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue too.  Offline installation file just gives me the last version without current updates that we need.  Safari will not allow me to view something so simple as a youtube video until the plugin is updated.  Now I'm not only pissed at Adobe, but Apple too.  Come on guys, help us already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have been noticing the same things.

As for Flash, it was being notified of the latest update that started this.

Let us discuss Shockwave for a minute.   This installation takes forever, but at least it installs across all your browsers.

As far as Flash, it is not unusual for me to have to individually check and install on each browser, and I use the following browsers:  IE, Maxthon, Sea Monkey, and Firefox.

Firefox is becoming a bit of an annoyance when it comes to plug ins, it doesn't even recognize Shockwave as a known plug in, and their latest version wont allow Flash to be installed.

To be fair, perhaps the real problem is the constant updating to both Flash and the browsers.   I don't know about Safari, Mozilla updates far too often,  and Flash is ridiculous.

There can only be 2 motives to Flash updating as often as it does.

It is either terribly easy to exploit, or they just want to constantly pressure you to install some third party application.

And I'm getting tired of constantly going through that routine.

I'm patiently waiting for the solution here.

Brian K Mcclung

BKM Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, the solution has already been found.  You can download the complete Flash Player v.16 installer here:

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4783/adobe-flash-player/download

I found it in this thread.  Go there and give Snipes a thanks for providing this.

Error display a blank window. How to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job for Mac users, I think Windows users are still screwed, but thanks anyway, some people got helped.

Thanks again

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, sorry, yeah, just Mac for that one.  I have no need to find a Windows installer, but maybe it's out there too? Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to apologize, I'll wait for Adobe to fix Windows, practice my writing skills, and embarrass them in the process.

To think that it could probably all be solved in minutes if they just made the whole installation file available.

Why would they not.

I bet your link is not really authorized, they don't like to have that full installation file out there for some reason.

Brian K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know this problem still exists.   You can't even watch a You Tube video without an interruption every few seconds.  But I'm sure as soon as I install Flash, it magically disappears.

I hate Adobe and what they represent.   They are so pervasive, they don't care.

Brian K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, do you realize that offline installer took like 10 seconds to download.

Don't you ever waste my time like that again.

What the              is wrong with you.

Sincerely

Brian K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess Adobe doesn't like the word F***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines