Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem updating Adobe Flash Player with Safari

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to update Adobe Flash Player using Safari on a Macbook Pro with OS X 10.10.1 but every time I download the update the file looks like this: Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 12.50.56.png

and when I try to start the installation this window appears:

Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 12.33.40.png

I tried several different download links but non of them worked. I also uninstalled the Adobe Flash Player and tried to reinstall it but then I have the same problem. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

For some reason that I have yet to determine, people with Matlab installed start getting .mdlp extensions appended to their downloaded files.  That's what happened here.  Rename the file to remove .mdlp (so that it ends in .dmg), then double-click the file and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need to make it work...Please.... I'm thankful for any suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason that I have yet to determine, people with Matlab installed start getting .mdlp extensions appended to their downloaded files.  That's what happened here.  Rename the file to remove .mdlp (so that it ends in .dmg), then double-click the file and it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines