• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still loose ability to drag and drop files in Project pane.

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2007 Jul 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last two weeks, I've had two instances where I lost the ability to drag and drop files within the Project pane. However, here's the kicker...the problem doesn't manefest itself until after I end my session, close RH, then restart the computer and restart the project. That means I don't know that I'm working in a broken project until AFTER I've zipped up and saved the current project. I tried addressing this in this orum once already and I received some suggested fixes (included in the list below) but it never fixed and and has happened again.

Some pieces of information:

- I've deleted the .xpj and cpd files, no joy.
- I've regenerated the output, then tried to move a file, no joy.
- I've generated a CHM (supposedy to update other files), no joy.
- I'm not attempting to move a file to a directory where that name already exists
- If while I'm having the problem, I create a nw project, new folders, and new topics, they move around fine.
- If I create a topic IN the directory with the problem, I cannot move that file.
- I've zippd up a broken project and sent it to Adobe. They openned it and it was fine. They zipped it back to me and it still wasn't.
- If I create a new project, replicate my directory structure, and import the htm files into the new structure (a ubdirectory at a time), the files move fine.
- I'm only working local on Windows 2000 with 30 GB of disk space, and I have not installed anything else on the computer in the last 2 weeks.
- I've escalated this to the next level at Adobe and am sitting by my phone with my headset waiting for the call back "within the next two hours".

Anyone seen this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2007 Jul 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the benefit of anyone else looking at this, I did suggest John delete the PSS file but that has not worked either.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2007 Jul 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the files have somehow been set to read-only?

I'm not sure on the exact details of your process, but if you open the project after unzipping it, perhaps the unzip process has changed that file attribute...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2007 Jul 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Amebr
Could the files have somehow been set to read-only?

I'm not sure on the exact details of your process, but if you open the project after unzipping it, perhaps the unzip process has changed that file attribute...?

I appreciate your response, but no...all files and directories had all permissions allowed. The zip process wasn't involved until aftrer the problem showed itself...I zip just for backup with the hope that I never have to go to it. It was my working project that lost the ability to move files. It just turns out that after it happened and I went to the zip that it showed that the problem had affected the files before I zipped them and therefore, the zip was of the broken set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp