• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't my Adobe.com password work to update Flash Player?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even redid my adobe.com password and it still will not work.  There was some mention of consolidating passwords.  If I made another password for Flash Player in the past, how can I find out what it might be.  Is there a method to find multiple passwords and consolidate them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oregongirl77,

Flash player installation donot require the adobe password. It might be asking for the computer password to proceed the installation.

Some other links:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Regards,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put in the password and it still would not go forward with the installation.  Then I changed the password. No installation. When I push install the screen quivers like its thee wrong answer. I even resigned up.  Still will not install flash player on my mac. Need to get on to you tube.!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi no you tube mike,

What is the operating system you are using. Try entering your system password.

You can also try to install Google chrome and try to browse youtube videos.

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got the right password and the installation began. Then it said to shut down Safari , which I did. The installation only went to 97% and it kept telling me to shut down Safari. I got a little further but that's as far as I got. It also had a pop up that asked if I wanted it to stop all installations after the download was complete. When I said yes, it stopped the installation. When I said no it went back to asking me if I would shut down Safari. Once it gets to 97% does it just take a long time. I let it set for 30 minutes. It should not take that long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi no you tube mike,

You can open Activity Monitor and Quit Safari from there. You can click on spotlight (the magnifying glass on top right) and type Activity monitor. Safari needs to cloes when you install Flash Player.

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. Thanks for help/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You are welcome.

Regards,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines