• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I edit the HTML that Muse exports in an HTML editor like Dreamweaver or Coda?

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a site in Muse, can I export the HTML and pass it along to a web developer to add additional hand-coding?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Muse is not intended to be a code generation hand-off tool for downstream editing. We recommend you do all of your site editing in Muse, rather than exporting the site from Muse and editing the code elsewhere. By staying within Muse, you can continue to use the full functionality of Muse to update your site. As soon as you move to altering the output of Muse, there's no going back (unless you're willing to re-make your changes each time you export from Muse). The HTML code output from Muse is no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is not intended to be a code generation hand-off tool for downstream editing. We recommend you do all of your site editing in Muse, rather than exporting the site from Muse and editing the code elsewhere. By staying within Muse, you can continue to use the full functionality of Muse to update your site. As soon as you move to altering the output of Muse, there's no going back (unless you're willing to re-make your changes each time you export from Muse). The HTML code output from Muse is not optimized for manual editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use a service called Stat Counter where you have to add in HTML code in the <body> under the </div>. Is there a way to do this within muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2013 Mar 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Choose Object > Insert HTML. In the window that appears, select the default placeholder text and Press Delete (Mac) or Backspace (Windows) to remove it. Choose Edit > Paste to paste the HTML code  into the HTML Code field. Click OK to close the HTML Code window.

2013-03-19_1204.png

For detailed Instruction you can follow the article http://www.adobekb.com/building_your_first_website_pt04.html#inserting

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes just copy and paste it into the page properties on your master page under mete data menu and it will generate on every page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest issue i have with Muse at the moment is not being able to edit the HTML inside muse. For example, I have a CMS manger site i use to give CMS to clients. to add this to a site I need to be able to add a class object to each section that will be editable.

Not a problem until i decide i need to do something simple like swap button positions. Then when i export i loose it all and have to type it all in again.

If not an in built HTML editor, then the ability for muse to include and add back any changes to the HTML you make so it is not lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver is able to do this and post the edited website back up BUT Muse will detect that the website has changed and have a spaz attack because you didn't use Muse to make that change... even thou you used another Adobe product. This is a major problem with Muse and will limit it's use until Adobe fixes it but the program is still very new and aimed at people learning their way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if it is only a one way street for me, so to speak. I use Muse to design all of the pages and the site then export to dreamweaver and don't care to use muse again. Is there significance in doing that because it would be an easier faster way of designing the site.. or should I just create it all in dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can import a Muse into Dreamweaver; Make/ upload the Muse site then pull it back down into Dreamweaver... it works and is a VERY fast way to make a website... I used it for a while but you will find after a while that Muse can do most the things Dreamweaver can do any way and it gets harder to go back to the old way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me.  I built webpage with Adobe Muse.  Now, I want to use a SEO ranking coach to get better search results.  It tells me that I need to input metadata in the (head) section and but I don't know how to do this in Muse.  Does Muse allow this?  HTML editor?  THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (20).pngScreenshot (21).png

right click your Master A page and select the Metadata slot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines