• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 3 + Vista + USB headset

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2007 Aug 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Captivate 3 trial on Vista, and am trying to record audio with a Plantronics USB headset. Captivate is not recognizing the headset. Is the bug that Captivate 2 had re. USB headsets still present with Captivate 3? I tried the fix for Captivate 2, but it can't be applied to Captivate 3. Is there a fix for this issue with Captivate 3?

Any suggestions?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 23, 2007 Aug 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a USB headset w/ boom mic and have no problem. Mine is a "Cyber Acoustics" off-the-shelf from Best Buy.

You might want to check Control Panel to see what hardware and software settings are selected for both input (mic) and output (headset), but I honestly haven't heard any reports of USB mic problems ... but as I say that, I realize that hardware incompatibilities are constantly being found as new hardware is introduced.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2007 Sep 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am running into the same problem. So far, I have not found a fix.
Windows Vista, Realtek sound card and a logitech USB headset. I am going to use a mic with a jack connection until someone has found a solution. I am out of ideas...
Good luck mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources