• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Error Message 'Application descriptor file cannot be parsed' shows when compiling (Ctrl + Enter) Adobe AIR for Android applications on Flash Professional CS5.5

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Error Message 'Application descriptor file cannot be parsed' shows when compiling (Ctrl + Enter) Adobe AIR for Android applications on Flash Professional CS5.5

This is happening for most of the pupils and staff at our school and they are unable to complete their work.

This also happens on a fresh copy of windows and CS5.5 without any updates and also with all latest updates.

I have tried it on 32-bit and 64-bit CS5, Windows, Air and Java with the same error every time.

There are a small minority of users where this works fine for them with no issue.

I have tried re-setting user profiles.

I have tried a local admin and domain admin account with the same issue

I have noticed however that if the file is moved to the shared area it will compile. If it is on their documents area it will not compile. The users have full control in both locations. This is fine for staff but we are unable to give full control or modify access to the shared area for the pupil's

I have been through the online support section and it directed me to phone Adobe Customer care who informed me that all support has been discontinued for CS5, CS5.5 and CS6 and they will only support creative cloud.

Any ideas what to try next? There is no other information about this error and I cannot work out what is causing it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines