Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Map Links Not Working

Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an Image Map which includes hyperlinks to display in frame and also in auto-sizing popups.  These links work correctly if the topic is opened from the table of contents but if the topic is opened from a link within another topic the image map links don't work: when the display in frame link is clicked no message is displayed and the topic closes;  when the popup link is clicked the following Script Error is displayed:

Capture.PNG

The helpfile was created in an earlier version of Robohelp, version 7 I think, and I have now upgraded to Robohelp 11.  In the previous version the popup links in the image map also did not work but the display in frame links did.

I’ve tried creating a new helpfile using Robohelp 11 and both links work correctly.

I read a previous post about ‘popups not auto-sizing’ and wondered if the following fix would resolve my issue but it didn’t have any effect:

After investigation we found out that the issue was with our script files.

You can make the changes in those two problematic files yourself. You have to make same change in both files.

Files will be located at :

..\RH10installDirectory\RoboHTML\eHlpDhtm.js e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHTML\eHlpDhtm.js

..\RH10ProjectDirectory\eHlpDhtm.js e.g. C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\Adobe RoboHelp 10\Samples\EmployeeCare\EmployeeCareProject\eHlpDhtm.js

Go to line no 61(or 62) which would look like ->

var gbInsideCHM = document.location.href.search("::")>0 && document.location.href.search(“chm”)>0;

Now change it to ->

var gbInsideCHM = document.location.href.search("::")>0 && document.location.href.search(/chm/i)>0;

Has anyone had the same issue or know how to fix this?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried closing all topics and clicking Tools > Update DHTML Effects in Topics?

If not, I'd suggest trying that to see if it corrects the issue.

Otherwise, file a bug report at: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue

I will file a bug report

Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a feint bell ringing that image maps did break in an upgrade along the way and that the only solution was to  recreate them.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We need a sample project where this issue reproduces.

I have sent you a mail for sharing the sample project.

Thanks

Amit Jha

RoboHelp Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've tried deleting the Image Map and recreating it and I've also deleted the whole topic and created a new one but it's still not working.

I will send you the file, do you need the xpj or chm?

The Image Map is in the Map Toolbar topic and there is a link to the topic at the bottom of the Welcome page (click on the Maps hyperlink).

I don't know if this is related to the same issue but popup links also don't work when I 'View' topics.

Thanks

Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amit will require the whole project zipped up.

Are you quite sure you do not have a pop-up blocker in operation? Have you tried more than one browser?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I don't think it's a pop-up blocker issue because the Image Map works correctly if the topic is opened from the Search menu but if it's opened via a pop-up link in another topic it doesn't work.  Also when I created a new project everything worked as it should.

Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take your point. Have you taken Amit up on his offer? If he cannot find the cause, no one can.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thought that occurs here.

You report that things are just dandy if you do it all in an entirely new project. And this project has been upgraded.

I think I might try copying the ehlpdhtm.js file from a new project and ensure you replace any and all occurrences of the same file in the older project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I am still waiting for the project, but I will also suggest to try Rick's workaround.

If still unresolved, you can share .js and the topic having image map.

Thanks

Amit Jha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp