Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad text box format in linked doc

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML v.11

I have a linked Word document in my project. The document includes text boxes and callouts for graphics. In many cases, the text in these boxes become bold (or at least heavier and darker) when they appear in the RH project. I've tried changing the style, font, and font size, but they still come out bold.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a Word feature I use but I think you will find that text boxes do give problems in HTML. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of this will come along.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope "bumping" isn't against the rules on this forum, but I really need an answer. Does anyone know what the issues are when using text boxes in a Word document which is linked to the RoboHelp project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Bumping should be fine. However, the fact you haven't seen any replies is likely indicative that most folks that visit don't use the feature and aren't sure.

Sorry... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran a quick test and the text box got converted to an image. Are you sure that is not what you are seeing?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I know it's being converted to an image.  I didn't explain this before, but in my Word document the text boxes are used as captions for screenshots.

When I link the document, the screenshot and the text boxes are converted to a single PNG image which looks exactly as it should -- except that the text in the boxes is bold. (In other words, no other part of the picture is affected). 

I also realize that the same thing happens when the document is imported, not just linked.  Is there any way to view the settings for the text-to-image process?

I've also tried using Word's "callouts" and "shapes" with text in them, and the same result occurs. I assume that they all use "text box technology".

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a WAG – is there a Conversion Settings screen that you can play with? I know with my FM content being imported into RH, I can tweak things (like images) on its Conversions Settings page…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are settings you can control but this isn't one of them. See

Importing & Linking on my site. Think of it as putting diesel into a petrol

(gas) car.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I've already seen your site, Peter. Who in their right mind would tackle something like linking without your advice?

I confess, though, I saw nothing about how graphics or text boxes would be converted in the process. If you could point me to it..?

- Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The page shows all the options so I was effectively pointing out that there is nothing about converting the text boxes or optimising images. Sorry but text boxes are a Word thing the same as glow plugs are only for diesel engines. They are of no use in HTML.

Typically conversion problems occur when Rh uses Word's Save As HTML functionality but in this case the document I tested with converted it OK in Word. Also when I imported the HTML file, it then gave the same problem even though it was OK in Word.

I think therefore this has to be regarded as a bug. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp