• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMail/CFFile problem

Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cfform that collects several form fields, as well as an attached document. On the subsequent action page, I have the following code, but although the document is being saved in the correct directory, the email is not being sent with the document attached, as well as the rest of the form information, and I don't get any kind of error message! If anyone has any ideas, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 25, 2006 Oct 25, 2006
Ahh, needed to specify the mail server in the cfmail code. Thanks for everyone's help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using this tag inside of your cfmail tag for your attachment instead of the mimeattach.

<cfmailparam file = E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\temp\#FILE.clientfile#">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2006 Oct 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... I tried adding the cfmailparam information and removing the cffile code, but I am getting an error that reads "Element SERVERFILE is undefined in CFFILE." How do I define serverfile?

This is the code in the form that defines the "Browse" button and form field, and then the second chunk is what is on the action page of the form:

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2006 Oct 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like your action page code is incorrect...
try this code in your action page:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2006 Oct 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... now the file is saving correctly, but there still is no e-mail being generated! Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2006 Oct 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ahh, needed to specify the mail server in the cfmail code. Thanks for everyone's help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation