• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere pro CC crashes

Advocate ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else finding it a bit buggy?  I found ppCS6 very stable compared to 5.  I've had about 3 or 4 crashes in in about 6 hours of use.  This is in a project that was converted from ppcs6.  Event logs show different faulting modules (and the others were of the stopped intereacting variety)

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 7.0.0.342, time stamp: 0x5176598d

Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.30319.1, time stamp: 0x4ba220dc

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x00000000000760d9

Faulting process ID: 0x2020

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce6d61350db411

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\MSVCR100.dll

Report ID: 0b549db4-d963-11e2-be7a-e0cb4e2c4d27

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 7.0.0.342, time stamp: 0x5176598d

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16579, time stamp: 0x51637f77

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000ebd59

Faulting process ID: 0x1ff8

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce6e26a8469727

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: 576cf672-da22-11e2-be7a-e0cb4e2c4d27

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been perfectly stable for me so far on two systems - Windows 7 and 8.  I have seen reports of MSVCR100.dll crashes with CS6, though.  Try a forum search to see if any solutions were found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello getho:

Can you give us more information? See this FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961741?tstart=0

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asus p6td deluxe i920 (overlocked a wee bit). 12gb super duper ram (geil 7-7-7-something)
240gbSSD (sandisk Ultra).

Footage was on a single wd 2tb Black drive. (Many other drives in system though including raid 5, 5x2tb on areca controller). Scratch disks all as default though.

Corsair 860PSU

2GB GTX660 (yes I know, but it worked flawlessly on ppro cs6).

Yes using mercury.

I was doing different things, one of them I was using a nested clip that was behaving strangely - time remapping was on but when I nested the clip it was doubling the size of the nested clip. Source footage for that particular clip was a photoshop generated MP4, otherwise MOVs froma nikon d800.

Whirlpool forum in Aus has a public member section where you can list hardware might be handy for these forums? Just a suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a crazy amount of crashes today too.  Started with just srubbing B-roll from JVC camera.  Went nuts once I started importing sequences from other projects to integrate.  Now if I so much as make an edit with imported sequence files I get the "Sorry, a serious error has occured" dialog box and a crash.  I have a ton of recovery projects already and it's only lunch time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

has my long reply to this been removed for some reason? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

getho wrote:

has my long reply to this been removed for some reason? 

Hi getho,

Yes, I truncated your crash report. Sorry, I meant to sent you a PM. Please don't copy/paste crash reports to the forum. This is a user to user forum and most folks cannot make sense of a crash report. Feel free to copy it to a bug report, though. You can file one here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere CC worked fine for me yesterday. Started crashing tonight, during use, not start-up. Can only work a minute or so before it "stops working." Still trying to find a crash file. The path it gave me during the error/crash message had no file by the name given.

Can't do simple cut editing and now I can't even complete the H264 export media file.

Fresh install and all updates to Windows 8 on a system using a 3770K, 32GB ram, an HD6950 2GB card and the 13.06 drivers.

It's probably the drivers. Getting tough to find drivers that will work in Cinema 4d and Adobe CC and still play games on the same system I guess. May be time to build a workstation for work, or maybe Apple will release this Mac Pro in my lifetime. Something has got to give.

EDIT: setting Mercury Playback engine to Software Only got me through the media export. Seems Mercury Playback / video card / driver related in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still play games on the same system

Oh, dude.  That's not a good idea.  You should have two systems, one for gaming and one for editing.  It's entirely possible you have something installed on your system that is causing this crash. You need to keep your edit system clean, ideally installing only what you need for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

It's entirely possible you have something installed on your system that is causing this crash.

Actually, though, not in this particular case.

Since I consider replacing CS6 with CC to be a major install, this is a clean install of Windows 8, all updates and just Adobe CC. No games or anything else installed, yet.

I was more talking about using game cards like an HD6950 and then dealing with AMD driver/beta driver hell. I had problems with Cinema 4d last year that were driver related.

I'd build a separate system just to use the most approved video card I could find for Adobe and Cinema 4d, and it probably would not be a good gaming card.

I think the key part in my post was where I turned Mercury Playback to software only, that seems to let it work without crashing, although, somewhat slower.

EDIT: ok, so, I set Mercury playback to GPU Accelerated/OpenCL from Software and got some message thay my render hardware was not supported? This message is inconsistent in showing up though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No games or anything else installed, yet.

That's good.

Are you using the Lumetri effect?  This seems to cause pretty consistent crashes with OpenCL acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Lumetri.

Turns out, my card is on the supported list:

• ATI Radeon HD 6950 (OpenCL)

I was not doing anything complicated at all.

I had one sequence with audio and I synched the video on top of that. Then tossed that sequence into a new sequence to simply edit out all the in between shot stuff so the producers could review just the content.

I may try again, or roll the drivers back to a previous version, but, I think I'm reading on here that for some, 13.06 is the fix for them, lol.

I also have a MBP 17" with a supported 6750M, so, that's an option, although I was hoping to use my beefier desktop for this one.

EDIT: narrowing it down. Now when I switch between GPU and Software only, I lose all video image in GPU mode. Put it back into software only, and the video shows up again. Odd thing is, I used the GPU mode for a whole day with no issues? Now it barfs with anything GPU related. I can say though, the GPU accelleration is pretty massive. Software only mode is tangibly slower.

Hmm... feels video card/driver/Mercury related, though I don't know exactly how, so I don't know whether it's the drivers (I can roll those back for free) or if I should get a new video card? This computer has been overall quite stable.

If I did throw money at the problem, NVidia or AMD? CUDA seems on the way out, but is still probably better supported at this moment in time? AMD drivers seem sketch, but then I also read that Nvidia drivers are sketch too.

EDIT2: No changes. Worked fine all day with Mercury Enabled. 2 days it has been fine. 1 day, unstable as could be.

EDIT3 (July 12): Still fighting crashes. Computer is rock solid in everything but Premiere Pro CC. Applied the just released update. Uninstalled 13.6 beta drivers and installed 13.4 WHQL drivers. Better for a quick session or two, then driver crashed and recovered. It's stable when I use software only and turn off hardware acceleration, but, it's just too slow, even on my 3770K with 32GB of ram. I'm considering an HD7950 but if it's the AMD drivers, then that might not work. The only NVida card supported that interested my was the GTX680. Not sure why the 660ti or 670 are not on the list, but they are not. No GTX7xx cards are either.

Not sure what to do. I have a few videos to edit. I may give my MacBook Pro a try but while it's capable of doing the job, it's not as fun to use as my desktop is when it's not crashing out. Maybe Premiere Pro CC is just not ready and I'll switch to FCPX for a while. Argh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I did throw money at the problem, NVidia or AMD? CUDA seems on the way out

It does seem like CUDA is still more stable than OpenCL at this point, though the newest nVidia driver is causing an issue.  But with an older driver, it works great.

Even if CUDA is on the way out (and I rather hope it is myself), the advantage of OpenCL is that both cards can use it for hardware acceleration.  OpenCL is not proprietary technology like CUDA is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dell m6700 with an integrated Intel HD 4000 and a nVidia QUADRO K4000M  graphics cards. I've update both drivers, rebooted Windows 7 and Premiere Pro CC seems working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PPCS6 was fairly stable.  I'ved worked with it since the change from 5.5 on a pc and saw my shares of crashes but nothing out of the ordinary.

Recently I started a new job and the studio has all macs.  I got a top of the line 12 core, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro K5000 for Mac with 4GB of memory, SSD drives... you name it.  I've had nothing but headaches with it.  When it works, the machine is fast, but PP crashes consistenly.  When I think I have found a culprit, something else comes up. 

Some actions that have usually caused crashes: working with audio and jpgs.  Nesting audio has been problematic and has caused crashes.  Changing to audio time units and sliding audio around has caused many crashes.  Simple movements of a jpg image have caused crashes.

I have been on the phone with Apple support, Nvidia support, Adobe support for hours.  Even allowing them to remote control my machine (adobe) and look at the logs and crash reports.  Nothing, it is voodoo at this point.

My left hand defaults to Command S the entire day.  I save after every single change...

My workflow includes AE comps for motion graphics, including the use of 3D.  That has been problematic to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have had the same prob with Premiere pro cc i have the same mac system as Frank@NPN ,

Will cs6 work better ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with this as well.  I am running Premiere Pro CC on a 27-inch, Late 2012 iMac with 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 and 32 GB of memory.  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048MB.  OS X 10.8.4.  Most current update of CC.

Within this project I have two sequences.  One is about two minutes, the other about 90.  They have the same intro and outro, same content inbetween, 2 minute version is heavily edited and the 90 is the full-length.

I can export the 2-minute version with no issues.  The 90 minute version I have tried exporting using multiple codecs, as well as multiple resolutions within each codec. 

Half way through export I get the "Sorry, a serious error has occured that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your project" error message.  I tried switching from GPU accelerated to software, it just sat at 0% on the export for a very long time.  What is going on?  With the exception of audio edits to raise or lower level, and some EQ, these sequences are basically the same, just one is longer than the other.  It is the same content, from the same folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone interested-including Adobe engineers-,

After trying everything I could to make this file export, the solution came to me by turning off a "RGB Curves" effect, as well as "Sharpen".  Don't know if this is a bug or a small hiccup, but after turning those effects off (not removing), the file exports with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the exact same issue as Cody. And am pretty sure I'm using an almost identical iMac. Certianly the same GFX card.

Premiere Pro CC has been fine exporting sequences - up until today, when I had to export a 55 minute one. It just crashed during export (from both AME and Premiere Pro CC.) I ended up exporting them on an Macbook we have here, with a slightly different GFX card.

However I just tried that fix of turing off the effects (I too had RGB Curves on), and it worked.

HOWEVER.. I just changed my Mercury Playback settings too. I had left them on default before, and they were set to OpenCL rather than CUDA. I changed them to CUDA, put the RGB Curves back on, and tried to export.. and it worked!

So I guess it could be something to do with that and the graphics card - GeForce GTX 680MX.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Premier Pro CC and it's been nothing but buggy.  I'm running on a Toshiba Qosmio with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M - with a CUDA hack

Premier Pro CC is unusable - opens, but crashes before it's fully linked all media.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version:          7.0.1.105

Application Timestamp:          51cbdef8

Fault Module Name:          StackHash_b267

Fault Module Version:          6.1.7601.18247

Fault Module Timestamp:          521eaf24

Exception Code:          c0000374

Exception Offset:          00000000000c4102

OS Version:          6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          b267

Additional Information 2:          b26762f9642e0590c5844c830ef208e8

Additional Information 3:          0f28

Additional Information 4:          0f28b32deccc496a1ecb39e9884c7019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try updating.  7.1 is the newest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues - constant crashing of Premiere Pro CC.

Crashes during edits - crashes in exports.

Mostly is just hangs and is in the dreaded "not responding" mode.

I run a small independent production business and never experienced this amount of issues

with CS6.

I have a Samsung Desktop.Windows 8, Running Intel Core i5, RAM 8GB, 64 Bit Operating System

Please can anyone help?

Not running games or very much other intensive software - this is my work computer.

What can I do?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not as bad as it was for me now. I get occasional crashes but especially before the windows 8.1 update it was pretty good. Try updating windows and make sure you're using the most recent version.  Try deleting your premiere media cache (Google it). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any resolution to this? CC crashes every 3 minutes. Impossible to work.

Brand new mac tower

most recent software

all updates installed

what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting exactly the same exception codes and faulting modules, Sarasea, or more generically just a lot of crashes?

Also, exactly which version of CC? Please report the version number shown in the About box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines