• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player freezes up mid-installation.

Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have OS X Yosemite 10.10.1.

I successfully downloaded the newest Adobe flash player, but every time it begins to install, it stops when the bar reaches 32% (I have tried to install it five times).

I have had all browsers and other applications closed.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please try the offline installer.  Links are posted at the bottom of this page, Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I deleted the previous version (15. something) and can download the installer but loading the new version (16. who cares) stops at 34% using Firefox, sometimes makes it to 44% on Chrome.  I'm seeing post like this on several BBs where I've looked for help so I'm guessing it's not an issue w/ my computer.   Windows 7  64X, no pop-up warnings. Haven't yet found what I'm gonna miss by not having FP but some things refused to run because it wasn't up to date.  Most annoying, Adobe.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, just tried it again (not the 2d time---more like the 20th).  Now I am advised that   "install_flashplayer16x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe is not a valid Win32 application".  Can I buy an install disk somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 757,

You're reporting a Windows issue on a Mac thread, so 'having the same issue' isn't clear.  It's best to start a thread of your own, especially when the operating systems are different.  The Win32 error your getting could be due to a corrupt download or something else, as they are indeed valid Win32 applications.  Please try the full installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page.  You'll want to download the 'Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI' installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point taken on the thread but I've still had no luck getting Flashplayer

into my computer. Using the site you mentioned, it will load 17.2 MB of a

17.3 MB file, so I'm getting closer than the 34% I usually obtain. There's

little comfort in being part of such a large group.

Pete D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

I'd like to review the Flash Player install log file(s).  On a 32-bit OS, it's located in \Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  On 64-bit OS, in addition to the System32 location, there's another file in the \Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash directory. Please share the file(s) using the instructions here, How to share a document.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to locate that page (?). Found one labeled 'View Update history'

but there is no mention of Flashplayer there. Might be only for windows

updates, not downloaded programs but I see things for Microsoft Office and

Wordviewer. I am not an IT guy--hidden stuff is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, I failed to include the name of the log file in my previous post.  It is FlashInstall.log file.  The directory path to it is not hidden.  It's usually in the 'C' drive. I didn't include that because sometimes the directory letter is different (when Windows OS is installed to a different drive letter).  Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to both of those directories (I see in a post above you are on a 64-bit OS). The FlashInstall.log file will be in there, unless it's been deleted.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally got it to run completely and install.  I ran every cleaning program I could find, temporarily disabled AdBlocker and somewhere found that a couple of unnecessary programs were running at start-up.  When all that had happened, I was able to download and install w/o further drama.  Wish I could remember exactly what I did, but this ought to be a start point for others. May the Force be with you....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/746cf669-d9da-4584-b845-3ab600f7edcd

That was an education for an old guy!

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Pete Discenza <petediscenza@gmail.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey m_vargas, I followed the troubleshooting page you posted. I uninstalled the Flash Player (and deleted the related folders that I was instructed to get rid of, see this link: Uninstall Flash Player | Mac OS). I then downloaded the Flash Player again, and while it was installed, it froze at 25%. See the attached picture:Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 7.08.17 PM.png

Do you have any specific instructions I could try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines