Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS Adobe Flash installation.

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2014 Dec 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I am currently having an issue while installing the latest version of Adobe Flash.

I am using Mac Yosemite, version 10.10.1.

Currently have Flash 15.0.0

I had clicked on the Flash download link and grabbed the file just fine. I grabbed the .dmg file to my desktop, and proceeded to to installing it, however when the window pops up to retrieve it, the window tab goes blank and does not continue.

I have backed out of this and gone through the 'Flash player help' page. I have re-installed the latest version of Adobe Reader, which worked fine. I have gone through Safari preferences and checked everything, i have restarted my system; however, when i return to try installing it (Flash) again, the same thing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 00.45.28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

I also saw this message and then identified that somehow the hard disk has been renamed. It has many blanks and some punctuation marks in it.

I tried to rename it but then an error message appears and says that I should use less characters or no punctuation marks although the name is short and I didn't use any punctuation mark. Maybe this could be the problem.

I will contact the Apple support now and hopefully the installation will work then.

Thank you for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem on 10.8.2.  I have quit everything, rebooted, turned off firewalls, uninstall & fresh install and I still get the same issue.  Flash items are all blocked now and looking for a quick response from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem as you two above.  Is it possible to get live help from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no live support for flash player.  I just did a chat with creative cloud support and they say there is no way to get information to flash player support staff, and that the only support available to anyone is this forum.  Also, they can't speculate how long it will take for staff to read this thread, let alone get back to us with any sort of solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing blocking me from downloading Flash Player is Adobe's request that I close 'WALLSCREEN," whatever that is.

Anybody know anything about 'WALLSCREEN?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Harvey, no clue what wallscreen is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I can't use Flash Player for one month now. I tried everything that was recommended in various topics but nothing worked.

Either the installations fails and it says general installation error or the installation tab goes blank.

Please provide me with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently having the same problem as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, the solution has already been found.  You can download the complete Flash Player v.16 installer here:

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4783/adobe-flash-player/download

I found it in this thread.  Go there and give Snipes a thanks for providing this. 

Error display a blank window. How to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work for me. Installation stops at 4%. What to do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked all the other things it recommends?  Disable firewalls, uninstall flash first, reboot, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i tried everything that was mentioned...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two issues that I see happen from time to time:

If the installer runs and fails, typically the offline installer gets the job done:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

If it doesn't, try booting into Safe Mode and running it again:

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? - Apple Support

If the installer just doesn't draw, like you get a black window with nothing, then resetting the PRAM frequently fixes that:

OS X Mavericks: Reset your computer’s PRAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the offline installer and the safe mode install... both didn't work.

I just did the PRAM reset, and there was no black window, but the installation failed again.

I really tried everything that was mentioned in this forum. Is Adobe working on this issue and are there other users who are still looking for a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We served right around 1.5 billion downloads last month.  There are always a handful of users that experience difficulty for various reasons, but we're talking about interesting failures (outside the handful of common complaints/mistakes addressed in the FAQs) on the order of 100 people out of 1,200,000,000.  We're continuously working on the installer, as operating system changes (particularly on the Mac side) create a huge amount of churn.  It's not perfect, but we're talking about a success rate way into the 99.99% range.

It sounds like we've solved the problem with the UI not drawing that you were running into.  I'll need to see your install logs to understand what the failure is at this point.

You can find them in /Users/<you>/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerManager.log

Copying and pasting the bottom couple sections should be adequate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your explanation and I totally understand that there might be some individual problems.

Unfortunately there is no FlashPlayerManager.log in this folder. Could it be somewhere else? I paste the contents of the Log folder below.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-12-17 um 21.48.56.png

Can you help me to find this log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Console, can you find it there?  Here's what mine looks like.

As an aside, does your count have administrative privileges?

install_log.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found it and yes I have all administration privileges.Bildschirmfoto 2014-12-17 um 22.23.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the console app.  Now you need to expand the ~/Library/Logs section, and see if there's a FlashPlayerInstallManager.log file listed, then click on it and scroll to the bottom of the log.  (See the highlighted item on the left-hand bar in my screenshot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now I got it 🙂

Bildschirmfoto 2014-12-17 um 22.32.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, for some reason the installer can't seem to find your hard disk.  I can't find anything useful about that from a cursory Google search.  I'm thinking that the disk might be corrupted or there are some permission issues that need correcting.

Running the Disk Utility First Aid might solve this for you:

Using Disk Utility to Repair Hard Drives & Permissions

It's always wise to make sure your important data is backed up before doing stuff like this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also saw this message and then identified that somehow the hard disk has been renamed. It has many blanks and some punctuation marks in it.

I tried to rename it but then an error message appears and says that I should use less characters or no punctuation marks although the name is short and I didn't use any punctuation mark. Maybe this could be the problem.

I will contact the Apple support now and hopefully the installation will work then.

Thank you for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately the link provided by Mr. Mayhem pulls down a real installer not the idiotic one that Adobe pushes out that always fails because it cannot save the metafile, with no explanation or support.  Adobe's support on this is not very helpful either.  It would be nice if Adobe would post both their "installer" that fails most of the time and the proper download that Mr. Mayhem found.  Adobe does publish a link to a macromind download site as the place to get the current full install but that generates a 404 so their web documentation needs a lot of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines