• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged topics not appearing in TOC in Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team uses RoboHelp 10. When we publish, none of the merged topics are showing up in the table of contents in Chrome. This works fine in other browsers.

Below is an example of what is happening. "Accounts Payable" and "General Ledger" are two projects merged into the Financials KB. They do not show up when the Financials KB is opened initially. I know there were a couple other threads covering this topic, but none seems to have a solid solution to the problem. It appear to be a security issue with Chrome. Is there a way around this? Please let me know if you can help, thanks!

robohelp.png

robohelp2.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are all patched up on RH10 updates & intermediate fixes for Chrome and IE11. They are NOT all included in the regular Help > Updates download. Check Willam van Weelden’s site - http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/robohelp-patches-and-updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the help sitting, locally or on a webserver?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a webserver, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I tested this patch: WebHelp issues in RoboHelp versions 10 and 11 by replacing the .htm and .js files directly on our webserver in  the parent project and in both merged projects directory. When I tried to open the parent project, nothing would load in Chrome and the browser continually refreshed. I took out the new patched files and put our old ones back in.

We wanted to test the patch first before republishing everything, which takes some time. Do you know any other ways we can test the patch without republishing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you do have to republish.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will give it a try, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter, we just tested republishing with the patches. However, this had the same result as just replacing the .js files directly onto our web server. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d generate the help first to my local \!SSL!\ folder and test that it works ok there; then remove all the files on the web server and then transfer the regenerated files/folders up to the web server for final testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff, we'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that’s why the instructions say “Regenerate the output”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp