• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects, Track camera unable to obtain dynamic link server connection

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been hit and miss. I am now consistenly getting a dynamic link server connection trying to use Track camera in After Effects.

64GB RAN

Windows 7 proffesional

i7 processor

NVIDIA GEFORCE TITAN

I have enabled all the recommended programs through my firewall. I see the dynamiclink server is running in my task manager, I have closed all other programs, no antivirus, I have restarted my computer, no luck with this.

Also to add additional information:

It seems that when I try to do replace with After Effects composition in Premiere Pro I am getting error: The importer reported a generic error

and also when I first launch After effects I am getting a failure to load a few plugins from CineForm including importer

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Wes Plate wrote:

I tried uninstalling with removing preferences and reinstalled. Didn't help.

Did you run Adobe's CC Cleaner tool before you reinstalled? I'm not super-optimistic that it would help, but it's something

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Open up Preferences (Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd +; ) and go to Memory. Set Ram for other applications to 8GB if you have 16 installed. If you have less than 16, then go as high as you can so that Dynamic Link has some resources to use. If you have to cut down on the available ram for AE you'll just have to wait for Camera Tracker to finish up and switch back to at least 8 for AE so you can continue to work efficiently. 

I haven't found a system that this will not work on. Dynamic Link just doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of AE are you using? (And I don't mean "CS6" or "CC", I mean "12.2.1" or "11.0.4")

Try uninstalling any/all software from GoPro to get rid of that CineForm message (and then reinstall it later on if you use the Cineform codec or GoPro footage).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled and installed again, but no luck, it worked randomly (as it appears) . No idea

From what I can see, this problem exists for quite a while and it clearly is not only down to firewall, I would have thought Adobe would have dealed with it.

Sad, when you need to do something but the computer "says no"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still haven't answered my first question.

Also, what did you uninstall and install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, After Effects is 12.2.1.5

I uninstalled and reinstalled After effects. I removed the folder with the plugins for Cineform and I am not getting the start up error any more. I can now do replace with after effects composition from Premiere with no problem, but still Track camera from After effects is not working properly due to unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever resolution on this? I'm having the same problem in After Effects 13.1.1.3

2014-11-11_21-28-25.png

This happens every time I try to use the Camera Tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wes Plate wrote:

Was there ever resolution on this? I'm having the same problem in After Effects 13.1.1.3

This happens every time I try to use the Camera Tracker.

Double-check all your security, firewall, antivirus, etc. Often overly-aggressive security software can block internal connections that AE requires to use the camera tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darn, I don't have antivirus software or a Firewall running.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wes Plate wrote:

Did you run Adobe's CC Cleaner tool before you reinstalled? I'm not super-optimistic that it would help, but it's something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not last time.

I just tried again. I uninstalled and then ran the CC Cleaner Tool. Then I reinstalled and updated to the latest After Effects.

NOW I can use the Camera Tracker! Thank you, Szalam, for the Cleaner Tool reminder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wes Plate wrote:

NOW I can use the Camera Tracker!

Woohoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that you got it sorted, Wes.

Thanks, Szalam, for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have the same problem but my system is:

Os X 10.9.5 - Macbook Pro Retina - NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

After Effect 13.1.1.3

No antivirus or firewall running.

Any suggestion or the only way is to unistall, run adobe CC cleaner and reinstall? I'm in the middle of a project, quite in a hurry, and I prefer to avoid it if possible.

Thank

Gianmaria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cokkio wrote:

Hi guys,

I have the same problem but my system is:

Os X 10.9.5 - Macbook Pro Retina - NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

After Effect 13.1.1.3

No antivirus or firewall running.

Any suggestion or the only way is to unistall, run adobe CC cleaner and reinstall? I'm in the middle of a project, quite in a hurry, and I prefer to avoid it if possible.

While I normally don't suggest too many changes in the middle of a project, have you considered updating to the latest version of AE? 13.2 released a couple of days ago. If the update messes you up, you were going to need to uninstall, run the CC Cleaner, and reinstall anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the new release, but I plan to update after the end of the project I'm working on... I hope to find a faster solution to fix the problem...

However, thanks Szalam

Gianmaria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same Problem and none of the Solutions work. What do i now if i want to track a camera?

My Best...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us as much information as possible. FAQ: What information should I provide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of After Effects? Include the minor version number---e.g., After Effects CC (12.2.1) or After Effects CS6 (11.0.4). Do not just say "After Effects with the latest updates" or "After Effects CC"; give the specific version number.

Version 13.2.0.49

Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

yes

What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

Mac OSX v10.9.5

If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

Bildschirmfoto 2015-06-02 um 14.50.36.png

What were you doing when the problem occurred? What is the exact sequence of steps that you are taking?

I imported a mov-file from my desktop, right-clicked -> track camera

Has this ever worked before? If this worked before by doesn't work now, what has changed on your computer in the intervening time?

last time i tracked a Camera on this machine was a year ago, i dont recall all the changes i made.

Tell us about your computer hardware. Include CPU type and number of processor cores, amount of RAM installed, GPU

MacBook pro late 2013, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16bg RAM , NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, Intel Iris Pro

Number and sizes of connected monitors

2xDELL U2412M 1920 x 1200

number of disk drives, and how any external drives are connected.

1x SSD Apple, 1x USB 3.0 Toshiba 2TB

What versions of drivers for your graphics hardware do you have installed (including CUDA driver and driver for display adapter)?

GPU Driver Version: 8.26.29 310.40.55f01

CUDA Driver Version: 7.0.36

Do you have any third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU)?

No

What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".

Quicktime Animation Codec

Do you have QuickTime installed. (You should.) If so, what version? The answer should be specific, such as "QuickTime 7.6.2".

latest

What other software are you running?

Photoshop, Media Encoder, Illustrator, Firefox, thunderbird

Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?

No

Are you using OpenGL features in After Effects?

No

Are you using Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing?

No

Are you using the ray-traced 3D renderer?

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it's a QuickTime issue, but posting the version number wouldn't hurt. I know lots of folks have had issues with QuickTime X and have found QuickTime 7 works better, but that was a while ago (and on PC's), so I doubt it's relevant in this instance...but you never know.

The "unable to obtain dynamiclink project" error message is interesting. It seems to indicate an inability to connect. First thing I would do in your position would be to fix permissions for the ENTIRE folder structure. fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications

Secondly, I would double-check all relevant network settings on the machine and look over all security software. If you have any anti-malware, anti-virus, firewalls, etc. make sure they're not being overly aggressive.

Third, go through the uninstall process, run the CC Cleaner Tool, and then re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same issue, I already tried to uninstall the whole cc suite, then clean with adobe cc cleaner, reinstall and nothing. I still get the same warning "unable to obtain dynamiclink project." I had before the latest version and just reinstalled.

those are the specs of my mac pro

Captura de pantalla 2015-12-04 a las 18.49.54.png

and I'm using at the moment U28D590 samsung 28"

this is the state of the gpu

Captura de pantalla 2015-12-04 a las 19.21.38.png

I've been searching and trying for a couple of days and I have no idea of what else should I try.

thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have two versions of AE installed? I got this error on 2015.3, and uninstalling 2017 did it for me. Seems like dynamiclink maybe didn't know which one to talk to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2015 Jun 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I solved the solution of the bug. Just download Adobe Aplication Manager and run it ! It's amazing ! The camera tracker is now work for me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU DON'T NEED TO REINSTALL ANYTHING OR use ccCleaner!!

I just ran into this error. Here's what happened. Yesterday, I saw an article on how to disable your virtual memory by telling Windows to NOT use disc space as virtual memory. In my case, it saved me over 35Gigs of space on my C drive. WELL, After Effects (mine being CS6), DIDN'T Like that! That is, it NEEDS the virtual memory to store stuff when using Warp Stabilizer. SO, I simply reset Windows to us virtual memory, restarted my machine, and Voila, no more error in After Effects when using Warp Stabilizer....

SO, see if you have disabled your Virtual Memory. (Click Start, right-click Computer, Properties, Advanced System Settings, Settings, (In the Performance Tab, Advanced Tab, Virtual Memory, Click Change Button, and click "Automatically set paging file size" OR, Custom (and set values). Then click Ok, Ok, and OK on all screens, RESTART your machine, and away go your problems with Warp Stabilizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU DON'T NEED TO REINSTALL ANYTHING OR use ccCleaner!!

I just ran into this error. Here's what happened. Yesterday, I saw an article on how to disable your virtual memory by telling Windows to NOT use disc space as virtual memory. In my case, it saved me over 35Gigs of space on my C drive. WELL, After Effects (mine being CS6), DIDN'T Like that! That is, it NEEDS the virtual memory to store stuff when using Warp Stabilizer. SO, I simply reset Windows to use virtual memory, restarted my machine, and Voila, no more error in After Effects when using Warp Stabilizer....

SO, see if you have disabled your Virtual Memory. (Click Start, right-click Computer, Properties, Advanced System Settings, Settings, (In the Performance Tab, Advanced Tab, Virtual Memory, Click Change Button, and click "Automatically set paging file size" OR, Custom (and set values). Then click Ok, Ok, and OK on all screens, RESTART your machine, and away go your problems with Warp Stabilizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I did that too and it solved the problem for me. I unchecked the box that said "automatically set paging file size" and then, after applying that change and after rebooting my machine, I could get the 3D camera tracker to work on After Effects CC 2018. I was initially getting the same error message that others were reporting: "unable to obtain dynamic link server connection". I even went to the trouble of uninstalling all my adobe programs and the creative cloud program and running the Adobe CC Cleaner program and then reinstalling and I still got the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines