• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I fade out audio in Premiere Elements 13?

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW DO I FADE OUT AUDIO IN PREMIERE ELEMENTS 13?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVAW

For now I will assume that you are running Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

1. Right click the audio and select Fade from the pop up menu that appears, followed by Fade In Audio. And, same thing but then Fade, followed by Fade out Audio.

or

2. Highlight/select the audio clip, go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Opacity Panel expanded and the Fade opportunities

there.

or

3. Using the audio clip rubberband (orange line that goes through the middle of the clip) create keyframes at the Timeline level and move

the keyframes with the mouse cursor.

With more information, we can customize the details. Please let us know if you are OK with the above or if you need supplemental

information.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ATR,

is the second action not only for video instead of audio?

I was trying it out and the only thing whats happening was the bridnes adjustment (video) and no audio fading.

To all:

im wondering: is there a future( one setting button) where i can fade in the video audio and at the same time fade out the background music?

Like a cross-over for sound?

Now i can fade in the video sound and after that manualy fade out the background music somewhere before that starting point, and on the otherside  the otherway around.

But thats a little difficult to making a standaard fading time.

Edit: after fading in or out in audio 1 you can steep or ease up the slope by  by sliding the dot so you can extend the fading time.

so far im unable to find this correction in the soundtrack rowe.

Found it: triangle on the left switch down, then you get the volume line and the dots that mark adjustments.

Edit 2

how do i adjust the volume on all the already added soundtrack parts in one action?

After viewing  the publisted/exported presentation i like to adjust the background music a bit down.

I can adjust each part separed from each other but i like to have some overall volume adjustment on the hole timeline so im able to tune down a audiotrack from begin to end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spike29

The Fade shortcut (from right click of Timeline clip, selection of Fade) can be for video, audio, or video and audio.

There can be problems depending on what else has been applied to the clip. One case detailed heavily in the following

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe11-timeline-fade-out-shortcuts-and.html

relates to using those Fade shortcuts on Time Stretched video and what should be done first, the Fade application or the Time Stretch.

If that does not apply to your situation, then please skip over that read.

You ask

im wondering: is there a future( one setting button) where i can fade in the video audio and at the same time fade out the background music?

Like a cross-over for sound?

Easily done, but not one button by the user. Have you looked at Smart Mix in this regard. But often the feature may not work based on what it

detects in the track set as foreground. Typically the winning combination is Narration (foreground) and Soundtrack (background).

There does not appear to be a master volume control for a whole Timeline made up of multiple audio clips.

Your one button idea would work for the Timeline consisting of one video/audio file using a variety of techniques./

Have you looked at Smart Mix yet?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ATR

Thanks for answering,

im moving slowely forward in speeding up making presentations by using the new discovered smart tricks or functions.

So you understand my level of expertise:

(

This step by step production methode im using now give's me controle without the (full) knowledge of all the (smart)functions in this program.and slowely learning the way arround.

starting a project:  a mix of photo's and avi's, starting with manual time line filling with the selected files then the timesaving "Standard crosover on all selected".

second: placing a header with the titel at the front and a ending a the end. (cut al the wrong or bad pieces and extend some photo viewingtime if needed.)

And then adding subtitels/tekst and use some other crosovers to highlight the change of subject or stills to movie.

And at last: placing the background music on "soundtrack": after some fiddeling around ive choose to cut the musictrack between the avi's instead of let the music play all the time and adjust the volume down to zero when a avi is playing.

this have two advantages:

1)  the songs can be streched by  by cut and jumping to the end of the avi soundtrack. (no loss of music through fading out and still let it play so need less musicsongs.)

2) And the rightclick fade function with the standaard fadingtime => "fade out" and "fade in" is easly to use because of the end track avi and begin track music timeline. (And if needed lowering the fading slope/ extend the fading time by moving the "points" on the audio line)

But; its a lot of work and after the first run through the presentation(or watching on TV) and there is a adjustment needed (fadingtime, volume-changes) you have to adjust every bit of the soundtrack. (keeping the volume "feeling" the same is the  difficult part.)

I will read about the Smart Mix function and test  it on a other project. see of its fits my kind of using and expertise. (every automatic (smart) function needs understanding of its purpes and limitations and there are a lot of them in premiere

What is in your opinion the most effective way of adjusting volume of audio parts across the hole project so its merged in to one audio/soundlevel?

(and offcourse in the hole way of building the presentation.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines